Can I prove the hypocrisy of the Watchtower?

by never a jw 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• never a jw
    never a jw

I just found the following quote that appears quite hypocritical.

*** w03 6/1 pp. 3-4 What Is Happening to Charity? ***

AFTER the attacks of September 11, 2001, in New York City and Washington, D.C., public support for the victims of the tragedy was remarkable. Charities were overwhelmed by $2.7 billion in donations to help care for the victims’ families. Shocked by the extent of the devastation, people everywhere wanted to help.

The mood of some of the public quickly soured, however, when allegations surfaced that prominent charities were misappropriating funds. There was a flood of outrage at the report that one large charity planned to hold back nearly half of the $546 million it received and use it for other purposes. Although the organization later reversed its decision and apologized, one reporter observed: “Critics see this new turn of events as a day late and a dollar short to restore the trust” enjoyed before the attacks. How about you? Has your trust in charity been shaken lately?

WASN'T THE WATCHTOWER ASKING MEMBERS NOT TO MARK THE PURPOSE OF THE DONATIONS WHEN THEY WERE ASKING FOR HELP TO DISASTER AREAS WHRE JW'S WERE AFFECTED. IF SO, WHY?

I would appreciate if anyone can provide a quote where the Watchtower specifically asks members not to mark the purpose of the donation in cases where the money is intended to help for a specific disaster.

• Magnum
    Magnum

The org did ask that donations, for example, during the Hurricane Katrina disaster, not be marked to be used specifically for that disaster or any other specific reason. The leaders wanted to be able to use the funds however they wanted. I think the instructions were in a letter (or letters) and not in one of the Watchtower publications. I think the request has been made a number of times, probably, for example, during the Haiti earthquake, too.

Maybe somebody can point you to a copy of one of the letters. Also, maybe the request appeared in a Kingdom Ministry; I don't know.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think the simple fact that they are registered as a charity alone is proof enough of their hypocrisy .

smiddy

• Loi_241
    Loi_241
    I remember one of the sisters from my former congregation who she is a devout JW did donate the unwanted changes in the charity box at McDonald's. The question is, is she hypocrite? What do you think?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    The Org has made a veritable science out of saying "look at what false religion does!" whilst quietly doing the exact same damn thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit