why is it the more "facts" I question, the more "opinions" I discover?

by DavidChristopher 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I have been seeing this more and more. Has anyone else?

• Chap
    Chap

I don't know if this is what you are getting at but it seems that facts and opinions are becoming more synonomis (sp?) as people care less and less about the truth and more and more about elevating their opinions to reach their goals.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The world has turned and seasons have changed my friend. Knowledge and sound reasoning have been replaced by instinct and feelings. We have become a world more influenced by nuances and moods, rather than cold hard fact and definitive conclusions. Alas, as patrick stewart said in DUNE: 'mood is a thing for cattle and love play.'

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Just seems the more things I used to accept as facts, when I question them as opinions..they don't hold up very well.

Then I ask myself how could I have allowed myself to been misled like that?

I was wondering if anyone else had similar feelings?

• Golf
    Golf

Care to share some examples?

Golf

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

In our society where success is taking advantage of people for personal gain, without being taken advantage of in turn, Questioning is your only real protection against being a victim/misled by someone else trying to scratch their way to the top over you. IMO

Could I be wrong?

Would the GB, be able to enslave and mislead their people, if they questioned every opinion they presented as facts/truth?

Not without a really big gun IMO.

• Golf
    Golf

DC, I've been in competitive sports most of my live, that's the way it is, in fact, it's gotten worse.

It's all about personal success and the hell with others. The sooner you realize this, the sooner it will be to make the necessary personal adjustments. Happy hunting.

Golf

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"More" is the key word here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit