Covering our computer tracks

by leftbelow 2 Replies latest jw friends

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

I am thinking that with all of the people (like myself) who are undercover so to speak may be some suggestions about how to keep our ID safe from persons at home who may stumble accross the sites (like this one) which would upset our family's. I only surf JWD at work and erase all cookies and history everyday. I also on the rare occasion that I do surf at home erase all of the logs on my router. I work with computers alot and know how to cover my tracks but some people may not so I thought we could share and help each other out.

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

make sure you are not auto logged in for email. such as msn and the use of msn messenger. if messenger is running all you would have to do is select check email and someone could go through all your emails. and maybe there is some jwd emails in there.

if you have admin powers on the puter you can password protect your account. remember to use caps on some of the letters and mix numbers into your password

such as Wtfwh0rU or something like that

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Use Windows XP, formatted with NTSF, use your own profile with a password and there is no way someone will get into your profile without the password. I do it all the time, I have 2 profiles, one that I use when other are around and the other that I use when I'm alone. I have all my anti JW files in there and one or two girly sites too ... hehe *b*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit