by MacHislopp 2 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

I 've found this one:

w58 8/1 460 Dawns a New Era for the Irish

By Watch Tower missionary in Eire

The Irish, however, are a dubious lot.

From childhood the Irish have been taught that every religion in the world is opposed to their religion, that theirs is the only one having divine right to exist, that all other religions are merely tolerated and that they continue through the benevolent sufferance of the Catholic clergy.

They are taught that Bible knowledge is not necessary for Christians, only a strict adherence to and belief in the church and its religious leaders is all-important. To keep their flocks from reading Bible literature the clergy tell their parishioners that it is communistic.

This seems to frighten them sufficiently so they will not investigate for themselves.

Fear has a great hold on the people. People are afraid of what their neighbors, their friends, relatives and clergy might think if they were even so much as to read the Bible on their own. For centuries the clergy have dominated their lives, told them what they can read, what they should believe and do.

To ask a sound religious question is a demonstration of lack of faith in God and the church, according to the clergy. As a result, the Irish people do very little independent thinking. They are victims of the clergy and fear; but freedom is in sight.

.....Recently a Catholic priest remarked that Jehovah’s witnesses are doing more to encourage Catholic people to read the Catholic Bible than any other group. This is most encouraging, because Bible knowledge brings truth and it is the truth that sets men free. Having this in mind, we can see a new era for Eire is dawning.—Heb. 4:12; John 8:32."

Since indipendent thinking .. is classified as:

w83 1/15 22 Exposing the Devil's Subtle Designs

Avoid Independent Thinking

20 From the very outset of his rebellion Satan called into question God’s way of doing things.
    He promoted independent thinking. ‘You can decide for yourself what is good and bad,’ Satan told Eve. ‘You don’t have to listen to God. He is not really telling you the truth.’ (Genesis 3:1-5)

To this day, it has been Satan’s subtle design to infect God’s people with this type of thinking.—2 Timothy 3:1, 13."

the conclusion is an obvious one:

JW's are worst than the Irish!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Julie
    Julie

Interesting post. I must say I think it is very wise of the Catholic Church to discourage bible reading. I know nothing swayed my opinion of religion like reading the bible. Once I saw the violence and small mindedness in there I knew it was all a crock of shit. Had I never looked into the bible I am sure I would be a devout Catholic today. It is easy for me to understand believers who are unfamiliar with the bible. They just don't know about the horrible things in there. It's the believers who know what is in there and still think it is the word of God that I can't understand. I mean, how sick is that?

Julie

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Hi Julie,

You wrote:

>>It is easy for me to understand believers who are unfamiliar with the bible. They just don't know about the horrible things in there. It's the believers who know what is in there and still think it is the word of God that I can't understand. I mean, how sick is that?<<

Scary, isn't it? But too true.

Silverleaf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit