First Close encounter of the apostate kind

by jt stumbler 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

For about a year I have been sporting a beard. Usually I would do this during elk hunting season and shave it soon after. Anyhoo I'm doing my daily quality control of my product and an associate at work whom I have spoken too on occasion greets me with a " buenos dios bro". I kindly reciprocate with "good morning". He then pops the question? Are you a JW?

While fading, I had conversation with him about being a JW so he knew that I was. I guess seeing the "forbidden beard" and possilbly the "skoal ring" prompted the question. Are you a JW?

My close encounter was here. I put it off long enough. I simply said that " I use to be". His reply was " oooh?,why?. I said, its a long story. He said, oooh, thats not good. He then promptly walked away. Edited to say: This person is a JW

It felt good to get it out. I walked away feeling good that I let him know that I was no longer a JW and thats it pretty much none of you damn business why.

I would like to hear your close encounters

• Celia
    Celia

Is this associate of yours a JW ? If he is, that would explain his walking away after your telling him you used to be a JW. If he is not a JW, didn't he want to know more about your having been a JW and not being one anymore?

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is natural that by not denying your true identity you will feel liberated from a sense of oppression. Who cares about what the misguided JWS will think?

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Is this associate of yours a JW ?

Sorry, did you miss the part where he called me Bro?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I don't have this happen since I've marked myself "no longer a JW" by growing my hair long, piercing my ear, and getting a tattoo of a "demonic" symbol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit