Sad..........

by Sunnygal41 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Right up the street from where I work, there is a GREAT pizza place that we sometimes order lunch from named Paradise Pizza (I'm not kidding!) About a month ago, I walked in to pick up an order, and did a double take..........one of the waitresses looked extremely familiar, except her hair is blonde instead of brunette........but, after careful scrutiny, I confirmed that it is indeed an elder's wife I used to go to the same KH with. In fact, she and her hubby were good friends of ours. Part of me wanted to call her name just to see how she'd react, but, then, I realized she knows I'm there. How could she not? I spotted her immediately, and realized who she was, and I know she hears and recognizes my voice, cuz, I ain't exactly soft spoken.........in fact, all the friends used to tease me about my laugh at the KH. Anyways, I just wanted to share how sad that it makes me feel, cuz, I'm there at least once a week and I see her.......first because of the friendship that used to exist, and still does in my mind, second, that it reinforces what an asshole religion I was involved with for so long, third, it makes me think of my sister and nephew who also have no contact with me...........thanks for listening!

Terri

• anewme
    anewme

What is also sad is the fact that the poor gal is working in a pizza parlor. Both she and her husband are probably employed in low paying service jobs. Her spare time is sitting at the KH or knocking on doors.
    The other day I was in a home improvement store and who was there in a dirty orange apron helping customers at the next cash register? Our local Watchtower conductor's wife! I was shocked. She looked so tired and exhausted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit