It's a bittersweet time for me

by Bumble Bee 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Sweet because yesterday was my 15th wedding anniversary!! We've been through alot in the past 15 years, but it's all been worth it. I love my husband soooooo very much! He's such a great guy.

Bitter because Wednesday was the 3rd anniversary of my fathers death. It's always going to be a hard time of year for me. One day I am remembering one of the worst days of my life, and the next one of the happiest days of my life.

My hubby and I went out for dinner last night, he bought me the most beautiful arrangement of roses, with an orchid in the middle. That was the flower I used to bring to my dad's hospital room, he loved them and they lasted a long time. He told me that was from my dad - isn't he sweet to remember that.

Tonite we are celebrating with our best friends and Saturday we are having a celebration with my family. We'll have to see if hubby's family remembers - they ususally don't.

BB

• snarf
    snarf

Congratulations on 15 years !!!!!

• Brigid
    Brigid

Congratulations and Mazel Tov on your 15 years.

Sorry to hear about your loss. It must be quite difficult to mix melonchaly remembrance with joyful commemoration.

My heart goes out to you in joy and in sorrow.

Love and Light,

~Brigid

• Robdar
    Robdar

Congratulations on making it 15 years together and, after all that time, still loving one another.

It sounds like you had a close relationship with your father. You must miss him very much. Your fond memories keep him alive in a way. Don't they?

Do you think that your relationship with your father helped you in your relationship with your husband?

I am leaving for work but will be back tonight to read your response.

(((((Bumblebee)))))

Robyn

• Fleur
    Fleur

*hug*

Congratulations on your anniversary...how thoughtful of your husband to remember the date like that. Cherish him, and all the good memories that you have of your dad...

*another hug*

essie

• serendipity
    serendipity

Congrats! It's amazing how many life events can be bittersweet. My daughter's 17th birthday was that way - I'm proud of her and glad I was blessed with a happy, healthy kid, but am sad that she's growing up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit