Help! Need Judicial Committee Horror Stories

by dark hunter 4 Replies latest jw friends

• dark hunter
    dark hunter

Hi everyone, Please help. I'm writing a work of fiction and I need as many Judicial committee experiences I can get, especially anything unjust, outrageous, scandalous and so forth. I never had to sit through one, thank God. Anyway, I'm not trying to dredge up painful memories for anyone but if you can share your JC experience I would really, really appreciate it! I especially want to hear from former elders - did you ever disagree openly with a decision being made? What typical conversation took place before and after a JC among the elders? Did it ever bother you to be a part of a JC? Is there a case you can't forget? - I'd be grateful for any replies!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

welcome DH..

you might check this thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/77143/1.ashx

its under the best of series and has links to some JD commitee meetings.. if you have further questions to any of the stories you might send them a private message and ask , if they are still active here.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome to JWD dark hunter!

I haven't any horror stories for you, maybe a strange one or two which probably don't fit the category you are looking for so I'll leave it up to some more experienced ones to reply.

I just had to reply because of the google ad this thread brought up, I thought it was really funny:

Lasik Lawsuits

Must have something to do with your name and the topic! LMAO!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I can tell you about a conversation I had trying to get an elder to explain why they couldn't meet at my house as a committee.

The reason is ACTUALLY because they have no authority over recording devices and are 100% presumed legally on the record if not on Kingdom Hall grounds or in one of their homes. I could have recorded the whole meeting on video if I wanted and they couldn't do a thing about it. Never did meet with them, though.

However his responses were all over the map and mostly focused on wondering why I objected to the Kingdom Hall. Since there are no observers allowed for the accused, you could really write in whatever you want.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• dark hunter
    dark hunter

Thanks for the thread tip and the help so far, I appreciate it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit