For Hawkaw - re: Biopure

by hillary_step 1 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Hawkaw,

This part of an e mail message received today by my contact in the Hematology research department of a cutting edge University in the USA. Knowing the status of this person I have every reason to trust her report.

<<Hello XXXXX,

Hope all is well........

As for the Biopure - We were just discussing this in our lab meeting today. The product that Biopure has is a cross-linked bovine hemoglobin (which has oxygen carrying capacity). Biopure has already procured a licensure for use of this product in South Africa (i.e. it's already on the market there). In the States, the product is undergoing phase III clinical trials - for FDA approval - which usually takes a few years. The professional ( i.e non-stock market! ) word has it that the results have been very, very favorable.... so our guess is that it's not far away from being available.....(our guess 3-5 years ).......>>

Hope that this helps - HS

PPS - It is as well to remember, as has been reminded me, that Hemapure is not truly 'artificial blood' as it has been hailed. Its uses at present are quite limited. You may read more about it here :

; http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/1f786a.htm

• waiting
    waiting

just a nudge to the top......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit