whats happening and what kind of people are they !!!!!!!!

by the devil 666 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the devil 666
    the devil 666

hi there devil dad here again its been a while i know but i have been trying to get my head round the jw but it seems im going backwards fast. my daughter has just been to a kind of convention of some kind for all those freaky b******s and i cannot beleve the shit what she is preaching now its just unreal i mean unreal.no disrespect for jws its like gays if they keep themselvs to themselvs its ok but she is trying to shove the jw shit down my throat every time she visits and i just dont want to hear it all the time. if i call them brainwashing bastards she starts to cry and tells me the end is very near and if i join the jw i will live forever (what a load of shite) and its all get. now she is going o pack her job in to start and sell the weekly rag that they print the watchtower i told her that selling that it dont pay the bills but he is determind to do it so i dont know what will happen to her. trying talking to her and without loseing my head with her all i get is jovo shit rammed in my face.she is blind to what is going on shes in her own little world and i think it has gone too far for now to get help. i am getting very worried about her now and i just dont no what to do i have done most of the things you have suggested but nothing has worked. can anyone tell me about a jw wedding is it the same as a normal wedding or are they different? do they get presents, cards, do they live together before they are marride or is it against jw law please let me know thanks and any more suggestions you may have to get her out before shes doomed.

THE DEVIL 666

• Legolas
    Legolas

I was only at one JW wedding...They get presents, and no they don't live together before they are married.

What have you showed her as proof they are FALSE?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Confronting a person who's being "love-bombed" by the jdubyas simply won't work, Devildad. There are a lot of posters here that can help you with a plan, just give it a little time. And it's going to take time to reason her out of it and it will take a lot of reasoning.

Frannie

• Clam
    Clam

Hi Devil

You should be more open minded about the JWs. You might find you have a lot in common.

After all, this is what Jesus says

Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.'

and this is what the JWs say

If someone used to be a Jehovah's Witness, "We must hate in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme ~ active aversion, to consider as loathsome, odious, filthy, to detest." Watchtower, 10/1/52, p.599.
    Don't they sound more like your kinda guys?
  • the devil 666
    the devil 666

you say they dont live together but they are !! and proof everything people on this forum has posted to me

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings the devil 666,

I have DJ'd many a witness wedding over the years, and as a consequence have been invited to many over the years. I'll tell you some of the things I think would interest/anger/frustrate you.

What specifically would you like to know?

Dismembered

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    you say they dont live together but they are !! and proof everything people on this forum has posted to me

Hi DevilDad, Your JW daughter is living with a guy? That's a major violation of their rules, she could be kicked out and shunned for that. Are you sure she's living with a guy? Dude, you will NEVER get her out calling them brain washed. It's like walking up to a gay person and calling them a fag. All it's going to accomplish is setting the person against you. If you had a really, really convincing argument that could talk a person out of being gay, they'd never hear it if you called them "fag". It puts them on the defensive. If anything, it's worse with JW's. When you attack them, they immediately transfer it to an attack on their God. The same mindset that lets people blow themselves up for their God. Can you imagine how ineffective it would be to say, "You're crazy!" to a suicide bomber? You've GOT to hold back. Yes, she'll preach to you. You're going to die at Armageddon which is just around the corner (and has been for over a century now) and she loves you so much that she doesn't want you to die. Can't knock her for caring about you. If it's any consolation, the "preach to everybody all the time" mania lessens over time for most people. She won't always be in your face with it, that will subside. Particularly if you don't challenge her on it. By arguing it, you drive her to prove it to you. If you take more of an apathetic approach, she's more likely to feel she's done her best and let you be. (Apathetic doesn't mean saying, "Look, I don't care about your religion. Can we talk about something else?" It just means not trying to find holes in what she's saying. Let her give her shpiel, then let it drop.) One thing you may have to face is that she simply isn't going to stop being a JW. Many people don't. Or they take a long time. My parents were very displeased with my decision to join (at 15) and I didn't leave for 20 years. Perhaps your daughter will have her fill of it and move on. Perhaps not. How would your life be if she was a JW forever? She will still visit you, so long as she doesn't see you as a threat to her spirituality. (e.g., if you don't challenge her faith every time she sees you.) You could still have a relationship with your daughter despite her cult membership. But you need to play it right. Sorry this is happening to your family. I see your raw frustration. Don't just try, succeed in holding that back with her and be easy for her to be around. Challenge her, and you'll lose her. Guaranteed. You can always come here and vent away! Dave

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

devil 666 (ooh so very scary),

"...no disrespect..." i went back and read some of your previous posts, especially the "how can you" thread where it is apparrent you don't know where you are(jwd) or who you are talking to. the only respect i can find in any of your posts is an inflated respect for your own opinion. i didn't read them all so if there have been any in which you showed any respect for gays, jws, or your daughter as an individual, or for that matter anything except your own voice i will gladly go back and read them. if you knew anything about jws you would know that this attitude is rampant among the hardcore true believers and disliked by everyone else. are you sure you aren't an elder?

if your daughter is not baptized, she is still living by your standards, married or not. if she is studying and wants to get baptized she will have to have her marital status legalized. around here that can be as simple as filing papers at the court house, no marriage ceremony is required. in this sense it is just like any organization they have rules(or laws if you will) that you obligate yourself to...or not. at any rate it is apparrent that your daughter is of an age to decide for herself. if you really want to lose your daughter then continue to demean her decisions and demand that she abide by yours...why do you think so many people are leaving the wtbts? you can accomplish the same thing with your family that the org does with theirs, just hold on to the same attitudes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit