Bethelite crushes or should i say disasters?

by jazz 5 Replies latest jw friends

• jazz
    jazz

growing up in the truth i have witnessed this situation time and time again a family particularly the daughter in the family becomes attached to a bethelite from middle american you know those corn fed farmboy line backer types they attach themselves to a certain family sharing meals at the home of the family,going on outings with the family.but the bethelite takes it in my opinion a step to far when he shows the starry eyed daughter affection by buying her flowers when she makes all her pioneer hours,taking her out to dinner when she gets a g on the ministry school,having lunch every weekend after field service takes her to his hometown to visit his family and friends of course the sister feels extra special but then the bethelite hits her with a ton of bricks when he asks if his fiance can stay at her home when she comes to visit from kansas this happened to a sister in my congregation she was so devastated she went out with a guy that had been asking her out from the job,got pregnant ,disfellow, and has not been back since. people can usually tell if someone has feelings for you. so wouldnt you be cautious of your actions so you wouldnt hurt anyones feelings or making them think there is more there than friendship?

• joelbear
    joelbear

Well, I was on both sides of a bethelite crush.

I fell in love with a fellow bethelite and a sister in my assigned congregation fell for me, had me stay at their house a couple of times, played tour guide to my family when they came to visit and corresponded with me for almost a year after I was dismissed.

Very hard to draw the line between being nice and what is leading someone on. I certainly never gave her any physical attention but she still got attached.

• outcast
    outcast

I think the problems start when people start thinking anyone from the big house, "Bethel", is special, a little chunk of extra holiness, and they would never be human. Single bethelites, pioneers, ms's, all recieve special attention from the masses, they recieve money, meals, trips, and it goes to their heads. The bro. in question probably had such a high opinion of himself that he didn't even think twice of your sisters attachment, he was so use to the " extra privelages" that go with full time slavery.

I am sorry about your sister jazz, but be glad your sister is out, and can raise her child to not be "special".

• LDH
    LDH

HAR HAR HAR

I dated only one Bethelite, who shall remain nameless so no one else has to know he is a Mama's Boy.

After about five months, (with me paying for everything, see?) this bozo tells me he can't continue to date me because his Mom would never approve of him marrying an older woman.

For the record, I was about six months older than him.

Any of you Bethelites know any really TALL Puerto Ricans? Email me privately.

Lisa

PS Jazz, I know EXACTLY what you meant. Loser.

• cosmo
    cosmo

Just wondering how many people here have made the "pilgrimage" to "Mecca" at least once in there life?

• rodnico
    rodnico

The exact opposite happened to my friend. We lived in Corn fed white boy central. Utah. Although we were in the Spanish circuit. My friend had been dating this brother for a few months and then he went to bethel. They continued to date, having a long distance courtship. She would send him money, and gave him her phone card. When she went to visit him he introduced her to all of his friends and congregation as "the future mother of his children". After about a year he calls her on the phone and tells her he has fallen in love with an exotic south american girl...she was just Mexican nothing exotic about that. He called her from the new girlfriends house who lived in Spanish Harlem using my friends calling card to break up with her. It took her a long time to get over this. My friend married someone much better though...even though they are still witnesses.
    Nicole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit