HEADS UP, WATCTOWER LEGAL, more tremors.

by belbab 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• belbab
    belbab

Church allowed accused sex abuser to leave quietly

This is the headline on the front page of today's (Feb 28) VANCOUVER SUN.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=db0e115a-2712-434c-ad62-fb11d28f5206&k=83834

Although this article refers to a Roman Catholic molester, reading it will cause many a Jehovah's Witness pedophile to start shaking in their boots or quivering in their jocky shorts.

Remember the BOE letter that stated that if some pedophile had sinned years ago, but remained repentent and refrained from the practice, he would be allowed to remain in oversight positions in the organization and local elders need not be concerned about them?

Also, do you remember cases where child abusers in elder, ministerial servants positions were quietly removed from their positions and no one was warned about their endangering other children in the organization and also the general public?

Readers fill in the blanks, just in case the WT legal blood hounds are too busy these days to reply.

belbab

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Remember the BOE letter that stated that if some pedophile had sinned years ago, but remained repentent and refrained from the practice, he would be allowed to remain in oversight positions in the organization and local elders need not be concerned about them?

I dont recall this one; do you have any links to it?

DB74

• belbab
    belbab

DB

I am trying to locate the BOE letters, but I haven't located the one I have in mind yet. I know these letters used to be on Watchtower Observer, and I hope they are still located somewhere.

From Silent Lambs site I have obtained the following quotes which have similar instructions but there exists another one somewhere:

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN THE UNITED STATES August 1, 1995 Page 2
    While it is unscriptural to say that a former child abuser could never enjoy exemplary privileges of service in the congregation, certainly the elders will want to be very cautious, especially when one had repeatedly engaged in this kind of wrongdoing or had been disfellowshipped for such an offense. Before extending privileges, therefore, it is necessary that one would meet the qualification of having a fine testimony from individuals inside and outside the congregation. This means that he must have lived down the reproach which resulted from his wrongdoing. Generally, it will take a considerable number of years to achieve such irreprehensibility depending on the notoriety involved. So it would be Up to the elders to determine whether such a one is extended privileges, taking into account all factors in each individual case. (1 Tim. 3:7) At any rate, this should never be done hastily. Considerable time should always pass before a former child abuser is used, if ever.

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS March 14, 1997 Page 2 It may be possible that some who were guilty of child molestation were or are now serving as elders, ministerial servants, or regular or special pioneers. Others may have been guilty of child molestation before they were baptized. The bodies of elders should not query individuals. However, the body of elders should discuss this matter and give the Society a report on anyone who is currently serving or who formerly served in a Society-appointed position in your congregation who is known to have been guilty of child molestation in the past.

I find that what the WT is saying about their elders and ministerial servants fits to a tee, the accusations written in the newspaper article. For example, when Leo Greenless was sent away from Bethel to special pioneer, was it revealed what he was dismissed for?

belbab

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Would the news agency be interested in doing a similar report on the child molestation cases involving the witnesses? I wonder...

J

• belbab
    belbab

Jeannie b

I sure they would as long as it was current and had a local interest.

Any one have any stories of JW child abuse in Vancouver BC area?

belbab

• belbab
    belbab

Here is the quote I was looking for, the entire letter is scanned on Rado Vleugal's website.

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/sexual-child-abuse/how-to-handle-with-child-molesters/#more-106

By
    Rado Vleugel
    On June 1, 2001 the Watchtower Society of Britain
    send a letter to all bodies of elders about how to handle with child
    molesters in the congregation. The letter shows that it is no problem
    at all that elders and ministerial servants, who in the past have
    abused children, continue to ’serve’ the congregation.
    The letter writes:
    "The elders may have written to the branch office and given
    full details about a former child abuser who is currently serving
    as an elder or ministerial servant. In such a case, if the branch
    office has decided that he can be appointed or continue serving
    in a position of trust because the sin occurred many years ago
    and because he has lived an exemplary life since then, his name
    should not appear on the List, nor is it necessary to pass on
    information about the brother’s past sin if he moves to another
    congregation unless contrary instructions have been given by the
    branch. "
    Below are the scans of this letter:

I could not find this quote in the BOE letters issued in the US. If this quote is only in the British BOE letters, that raises an interesting question, namely: Is there someone serving in a responsible position in the Watchtower org in England that committed that committed child abuse many years ago? If so the above newspaper article shows he is still liable for litigation.

belbab

• Diogenes
    Diogenes

Belbab,

There was a very prominent bethel elder (he was the bethel watchtower overseer) who was accused of abusing several boys... The allegations were made 3 or 4 years ago and related to events which took place 20 years ago.

As far as I'm aware it was all hush hush although he was made to leave bethel and is serving somewhere else now.

His name was Roger Kay!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit