Interesting news about Nicholai Soltys

by jukief 1 Replies latest jw friends

• jukief
    jukief

For those of you who live outside the US, you might not have heard about this news story. This Soltys guy, a Ukranian immigrant, killed six family members a couple of weeks ago and was just arrested about an hour ago. I'm listening to the news right now and there's an interesting tie-in to religion. This guy lived in Sacramento, California, which has the largest group of Ukranian evangelical Christians in the US. Why? Because this particular church has been transmitting radio sermons to Russia, and when the Soviet Union fell, about 100,000 Ukranians who had taken up this particular religion as a result immigrated to Sacramento. Seems the dubs could learn a lesson from this, huh? They should go back to the old WBBR days; at least, anything would work better than house to house.

Another interesting piece of the story: They said on the news that they think part of the reason this guy went postal and killed his family was because the church in Sacramento wouldn't let him join. Apparently, he'd been guilty of physically abusing his wife and had a criminal background, and they didn't want him. So church members and his wife and family pushed him away because he wasn't part of the church. They think that's why he got enranged and killed everyone.

• LDH
    LDH

J, I'm so glad he was just caught. I was reading the headlines on Yahoo News.

My 11 year old hears stories about people like this criminal; I enjoy telling her, "Guess what? They caught that Rat's Ass!"

PS I'm in Fresno and Sac is only about 2 hrs away.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit