The Watchtower and Office Depot?

by Steve Lowry 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

I work for Xerox (27 years now) and the other day a co-worker noticed some kind of JW literature being printed on one of our machines there in the print shop. It was a job being done for Watchtower Society/local Kingdom Hall kinda thing. I asked her to make sure it was JW, and she confirmed it was. I never knew the Watchtower Society to spend a dime on publication costs outside of the Squibb building, that is. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

• Severus
    Severus

It is common to have the paperback books rebound in spiral bounding (such as the new What Does the Bible Really Teach? book).

Also there are downloadable study guides, not published by the WTBTS for the TMS. These usually print in letter size.

Any of this relate to what you saw?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I seem to recall my parents spending their own money on a few 'theorcratic' projects.

Maybe it was a local thing that an individual JW paid for?

-Denise.

• snarf
    snarf

I had friends that would take their literature to kinko's to have them laminated and bound. They did all their stuff and some of their friends stuff as well.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Thanks all for the replys. I wish I had been there so I could have seen what was being printed. It just seemed strange to me that JW literature would be printed away from the 'tower'. But its been a long time since I was a JW. I jeft way back in 1979, and we didn't have Office Depot's on every corner back then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit