How to Stump Your Dub Relative

by MissBehave 7 Replies latest jw friends

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Right after the 9/11 tragedies I stumped my father because I asked the very simple question "Dad, does Jehovah love Osama Bin Laden?". Now according to the bible God loves all of us, right? There was a very long pause, but he answered yes. Had to, right? Because scriptually that is correct. Even though the guy is a nasty piece of work.

They teach that Jehovah hates Christendom, and Jehovah hates evildoers...but then isn't that a paradox because Jehovah loves everyone? So does anyone know how witnesses would respond were they posed with the question "Does Jehovah love the Pope or Pat Robertson or Charles Manson?".

• carla
    carla

My guess is that they would say something on the order of- He loves them but hates the sin, and because they have choosen to take the path of unrighteousness and are not associated with His org they must be destroyed because Jah is a just God. Sound about right?

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Girlfriend, you're going to stress them out, because you're a thinker! Questions aren't showing the trust in Jehoopla attitude a Christian sister should display! They will probably tell you that even Saul became the Apostle Paul, so very wicked ones can change, that only Jehoopla can read the heart and he will be the judge, bla-bla. Run along, little girl, leave all that in Jehoopla's hands and he will take care of it.

• garybuss
    garybuss

· ". . . in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked….Jesus did not mean for us to love the hardened enemies of Jehovah,"
    (The Watchtower July, 15, 1961, p.420)

· "We must hate in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme and active aversion, to consider as lothsome, odious, filthy, to detest. Surely any haters of God are not fit to live on his beautiful earth."

· 12 "What do you do with anything loathsome or repugnant that you detest and abhor? The answer is simple. You get away from it or remove it from your presence. You do not want to have anything at all to do with it. This must be exactly our attitude toward the haters of Jehovah."
    (The Watchtower October 1, 1952, p.599)

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Hey MissBehave, good one!! I should try asking my JW boyfriend about something like that, and then come back and toss those quotes from GaryBuss at him. Hmm, very interesting, indeed.

And welcome to the board!! Stick around, we're glad to have you here!!

-Becka :)

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

thanks Super_Becka.

And Gary, you have been delighting me with your posts for some time now. I have to tell you I think I'm in love with you a little bit!

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

I will move to the back of the line posthaste

• garybuss
    garybuss

MissBehave, you wrote: And Gary, you have been delighting me with your posts for some time now. I have to tell you I think I'm in love with you a little bit!Thanks, I know I'm in love with you and you all. No question.

My strategy with active believing Witnesses is I don't talk religion or Witnessism with them. None that knows me would be so stupid to try to Witness TO me. I do try to help struggling relatives of Witnesses by telling them what has not worked for me.

My parents became violent when I exposed them to facts about the Watch Tower religion. I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for being here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit