The secret agenda of WTBS apologists.

by IMustBreakAway 6 Replies latest jw friends

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Has anyone ever seen that movie, “Empire Records?” In it there is a character that everyone calls Warren. He gets caught shoplifting and has to sit on the couch. His bad attitude and defensive posture hides the fact that really all he wanted was a job at the record store.

When I think about a JW that would approach this board with both guns firing it reminds me of that. A JW that would go out of their way to read the words of those that have “fallen away” has got to be struggling with the issues themselves. Maybe they are not the most popular or faithful witness to begin with and are really just looking for kindred spirits. Friends even. I’ll be the first to admit that growing up in the truth didn’t really teach me how to make friends.

Perhaps this is a form of personality disorder. Maybe their presence on the board is merely a cry for help. Maybe we can show them the facts and also try and befriend them.

Just thoughts..

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

SOme fit the catagory you suggest I think, IMBA.

Others just want to prove that they have it 'right'.

Some are in the middle.

According to WTS they are all apostate's if they come here.

Jeff

• integ
    integ

By that supposition one could suggest that the people on THIS board secretly have doubts as to whether the Wts has the "Truth" or not. A lot of people on here do a lot of reading of Watchtower literature and so forth. I think that there are actually folks on here that do harbor secret doubts as to whether or not they are doing the right thing by leaving the borg and getting on an apostate web forum. That of course is just my opinion and not based on any factual evidence I can present at this time.

Just a thought,

Integ.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

As the famous saying goes, "Believe those that seek the truth and doubt those that find it." I think doubt is good, but it wasn't the thrust of my post. More along the lines of i wonder if their actions and presence here is really a cry for help.

• startingover
    startingover

Great quote:

"Believe those that seek the truth and doubt those that find it."

Thanks for sharing that.

• lowden
    lowden

IMBA, a JW that posts on this forum is ....yes i agree 'crying for help', or something very similar. They shouldn't be here if they believe and follow what the WTBS say. If they are here they are having apostate thoughts. That said....i still welcome them.

Peace

Lowden

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Hmm. Yes... Welcome.. Any apologists out there? Come on over to my house and have a beer. Lets not talk religion, how is work going? Do you have a family? What do you do for fun?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit