Watchtower Prophesy Guide: Armagedon by 2000AD

by unclebruce 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The sad failure must scratch at the back of the minds of active witnesses. Just yesterday I saw a local pioneer sister and her mother [I think] at a local fast food restuarant. She did not acknowledge me. [Big surprise here.] I was sitting in a position that let me see their table. I sensed a deeply embedded sense of emptiness in their faces. Never saw a smile. The only conversation I heard was a mention of a 'wonderful illustration' a brother had made in a talk or something. Even that evoked no smile or real enjoyment. They truly looked like robots, going thru the motions of life. I was saddened and wanted to go over and tell them what I knew, but of course knew that to be out of the question.

As a side note - when leaving the parking lot I saw they were in seperate cars. The young pioneer sister had moved here from her home maybe 8 or 10 years back - to serve where suggested by the CO. She is about 30 now I think. And when I rolled by her car, I see that her licence plate is the same as Mom's. Same county. Meaning that most likely she is still requiring Mom and Dad to support her by providing a car!!! In this state you cannot register the car in a county that you do not live in - so it means that it is registered in the home county of the parents and therefore must be in thier name.

SAD! A Whole life is fleeting by without living it.

Jeff

• Mary
    Mary
    Samuel, a l5-year-old youth from the same country [France], also believes in a complete change: "For the year 2000, I visualize a world transformed into a beautiful paradise! But I don’t think that either the present world or its rulers will live to see that day... We are living in the last days of the system of things."

Gee, I wonder if Samuel ever paid into a pension plan ...and do they not realize how utterly stupid that is, quoting a 15 year old boy [assuming Samuel is real and not a fictional character] and then putting his 'predictions' down as though they were fact??

23 “And it must occur in that day that the prophets will become ashamed, each one of his vision when he prophesies; and they will not wear an official garment of hair for the purpose of deceiving. And he will certainly say, ‘I am no prophet. I am a man cultivating the soil, because an earthling man himself acquired me from my youth on.’
    Jehovah’s Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus’ second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah.’ Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah.’ The Watchtower, the official journal of Jehovah’s Witnesses, has said: “We have not the gift of prophecy.”

Excellent comparison Ringo! Somehow, I never saw that scripture before but it fits the GB to a T.

• amused
    amused

My mom passed away last year. She was 91 years old and had been an active witness since the late 1940's. She remained faithful to the end but it was a great disappointment to her that she did not live to see armageddon.

• TopHat
    TopHat

The way I see it: The Watchtower org. is a dying religion or cult. The GB can get away with murder because they have total control over the brainwashed sheep that are left. The smart ones are leaving. Soon the money will dry up and without money, there can be no WT organization.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day amused welcome to JWD,

How often were we induced to repeat the mantra: “This generation [of 1914] will by no means pass away until all things occur.” (Luke 21:32)

S ince Armageddon by 2000 AD failed to occur the “Jehovah” of the JWs is exposed as a liar. So we add 2000AD to the long list of failed JW prophesies: 1878, 1881, 1906/1907, 1912, 1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1924, 1925, 1928, 1930s, 1935/1936, 1942,1940s, 1970s, 1984?

Watchtower apologists Note: The 20th century ended December 31 2000AD. The JW Leaders speaking for "Jehovah" repeatedly staked Jehovah's credibility on Armageddon occuring by that date

===

Interesting TopHat but is the money drying up?

They have now taken control over billions of dollars worth of real estate world wide, have further billions invested in the stockmarket and have started having old members write wills handing over half their accumulated wealth upon death. Know anyone in Watchtower Accounts? I'd like to see the books

• TopHat
    TopHat
    They have now taken control over billions of dollars worth of real estate world wide, have further billions invested in the stockmarket and have started having old members write wills handing over half their accumulated wealth upon death. Know anyone in Watchtower Accounts? I'd like to see the books

Well, It takes millions maybe billions yearly for the up-keep of real estate properties on a world wide scale. They will soon have to sell their equities in the stock market just to pay for it all. As for the wills...maybe some under the control of the Elders will hand over their estates (which can't be much) Not to many weathy JWs. Window washers and such ya know!

• slugga
    slugga
    Well, It takes millions maybe billions yearly for the up-keep of real estate properties on a world wide scale.

Local congregations are responsable for the up keep of their own halls. The WTBTS doesn't pay a penny towards this.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Believe me tophat the east river will dry up long before the societies funds will.

As for wills my in-laws are a case in point. They were poor English migrants but managed to pay off a house in an outer Adelaide suburb. As per recent WTS guidelines they are leaving the society half (for the worldwide witnessing work). Even so the WBTS stands to gain about $70,000US from that book entry alone. Multipled by a few hundred thou or more and we're talking a good long term income steam.

I don't think we should mistake recent changes to anything more than a 'responsible business plan'. Did you know the WTBS made it onto the top ten business list for Manhattan NY?

• JAVA
    JAVA

The Watchtower Society is nothing without followers believing "The End Is Near!" The Tower has played that tune too many times, and it's starting to show in various ways. The Internet is a force that won't allow the Tower to hide their many failures and cover-ups. I'm a born-again believer about "The End Is Near"--the end of the Watchtower Society as we now know it!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    The Watchtower Society is nothing without followers believing "The End Is Near!"

G'day JAVA,

Are you sure about that? A friend who has been in big business recently put it to me that the WBTS could easily survive without any members at all and may in fact be better off diversifying itself into other industries (I kid you not). With the massive assetts they have invested elsewhere and their power gradually slipping to outside lawyers.. who knows.

I agree with your joy in seeing the internets effect on slowing the beast down...its our best hope of one day seeing the tower in its death throes as a force for evil.

cheers, unc === EDIT:

I'm a born-again believer about "The End Is Near"--the end of the Watchtower Society as we now know it!

Just noticed the "as we know it!" cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit