Assembly Hall News

by Joyal 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyal
    Joyal

Has anyone from the New York metropolitan area heard anything about the caretaker and his wife at the Jersey City assembly hall being asked to leave? Wonder if this is part of the general WT "downsizing" or if there is more to the story? Just curious.

Joyal

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Hey Joyal, can't say I have. Do you have any other info on this?

Did here that Nassau Coliseum is being revamped and that most conventions in the NJ area will be going to the Stanley Theater.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Who was he? Are you talking about Jersey City or over in Flatbush?

~Hill

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

You said Jersey City..missed that. Is that Arabic-type guy from Miami still running that place?...Affif Fayad I think was his name>

I thought he was a world class pr$k when he managed the Ft Lauderdale Assembly Hall construction back in the 80's.

~Hill

• Joyal
    Joyal
    You said Jersey City..missed that. Is that Arabic-type guy from Miami still running that place?...Affif Fayad I think was his name

The person in charge now is Caucausian. Not sure who Fayad is.

Joyal

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, I knew a CO named Fayad back in 1969-70 in the Virgin Islands! He and his wife had a little girl who was about 6 years old. They came to our house for dinner (Dad was the PO of the congregation), and the girl perched herself on the arm of our beautiful brocade sofa and . . . peed. Guess she was marking her territory.

Nina

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

my dist convention is in at the assem hall at flatbush this year

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Not sure but I do know that the previous care taker... for the life of me his name escapes me, but he was a black brother maybe someone knows him. Anyway he was asked to leave the Ass hall as was his wife because he was caught skimming money out of the Assembly Hall funds. Something like that, I really didnt get the whole story and it was VERY hush hush. So another scandal maybe? I wish I could remember his name, he was there for quite a while too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit