Tsunami / Terrorism / Mud-slides in Phillipines

by jambon1 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jambon1
    jambon1

It really bothers me how JW's (and other religious people) refer to gods 'perfect' creation. - Genesis, "And god saw that it was good"

At the same time they blame imperfect, sinful, wicked humans & a devil for all the suffering that is going on in the world. Fair enough. Humans have much to be blamed for in the grand scheme of things.

However,

It struck me when the tsunami hit and hundreds of thousands of lives were violently & horribly ended,............. gods 'perfect' creation never got the blame. In fact volcanoes, mud slides, violent weather, etc, etc have taken the lives of millions of people over the years. Yet god remains 'blame free'????

On the other hand, if terrorism takes thousands of lives it is seen as a sign the end is 'very near'. The blame/guilt is put quite rightly with humans. But why the inconsistency?

Oh, because the bible says that god is love, never makes a single mistake and he knows best all the time, about everything. Blah, blah, blah.

Just another contradiction I saw and dismissed when in the org. I just couldnt figure it all out.

J

• jojochan
    jojochan
    It struck me when the tsunami hit and hundreds of thousands of lives were violently & horribly ended,............. gods 'perfect' creation never got the blame. In fact volcanoes, mud slides, violent weather, etc, etc have taken the lives of millions of people over the years. Yet god remains 'blame free'????

It struck me as well. To those in the collective it was sign that god was needed to step in and intervene, but wait!... He's holding back so that he could prove a point and to let more "sheeplike" ones into the fold.

That's their reason?

That does'nt satisfy me at all.

jojochan.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I agree with you.

only to note that the Philippine case, was party human made...

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit