BILLY CONNOLLY on JW's.

by DelTheFunkyHomosapien 3 Replies latest jw friends

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

The Big Yin was on Aussie TV last night and the JW got a mention. Truer words have never been spoken.

BILLY CONNOLLY: It's nuts. Everybody's nuts except me.

Laughter

BILLY CONNOLLY: And it's beige that's doing it. It is. The whole thing's crazy. I mean who - have you ever had Jehovah Witnesses come to your door?

ANDREW DENTON: Yeah.

BILLY CONNOLLY: Now somebody must open the door and see those dreary people standing there and think that's the people I want to be with.

Laughter

BILLY CONNOLLY: They must because who else would they recruit you know? You must go, 'Oh my God that's, I must do that. I want to sell a really dreary magazine with a rotten crossword round all these houses to people who have just got out the bath. That's how I want to spend the rest of my life, being sworn at by people like Billy Connolly you know?' And I don't get religion. I just, I don't, I can understand God. I can understand people having a God and believing, cause it's a nice thing to believe that there's a big guy up there looking after everything. It's a kind of consolation that, somebody's making everything nice and he knows that you're quite a nice guy but you do awful things...right? And stuff like that...

ANDREW DENTON: So these people around the world that have been saying you mustn't insult our religion...

BILLY CONNOLLY: Yeah but they can insult everybody else's apparently. You know you, you can run around saying that people should be beheaded and that's perfectly okay well, well I've never read the Koran but I'm sure that's not in it.

Full transcript here: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1574093.htm

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i guess it about those danish comics that made the muslims mad right... i love their thinking...

mohammed was notviolent, why would they portray him as violent??? we are not violent, why are they calling us terrorists??? im so mad, thats it, im gonna burn down their embassy...

were not terrorists, i swear...

the infamous one

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

He is funny but sometimes I think I need Little Toe to translate

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mrs Ozzie and i are sorry we missed it.

So much more pleasant than a dub at the door!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit