JW Reform

by insearchoftruth 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

In trying to get information on the jws, I have come across sites such as ewatchman, jwreform and beth-sarim. What is up with these sites. Some of the articles I have read from jwreform I feel are very well written (one in particular is organizational idolatry) and have provided me some interesting information on the fallacies of the organization. I guess what really amazes me is that some of these writers can so whole heartedly question the ethics of the organization, the fds etc, but still have faith in the doctrines??

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    I guess what really amazes me is that some of these writers can so whole heartedly question the ethics of the organization, the fds etc, but still have faith in the doctrines??

It`s a common ex-JW-disease. They spent so many years believing in paradise on earth, a non-trinity-God/extreme focus on "Jehovah" etc, that even though they see the faults of the organisation, they still can`t shake the doctrines. They have been taught the over-simplified version of the Bible that they are unable to interpret the Bible properly. And hence, you get all these smaller cults/internet-cults, whos beliefs are very similar to the JWs. It`s not so strange.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

The problem with reforming the watchtower is that it will only make the WBTS stronger and thereby make escape less likely for our freinds and relatives still trapped.

Reformers were always in the minority on the net but a concerted effort by some very bad apostates wiped them out of serious disscussion groups about five years ago

'bring the tower crashing down' unc.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

The thing is this....the doctrines aren't so bad, in fact they are much better than most..Here's a list of a few.(not saying I agree with them all, but better than the rest)

1. Jesus is the son of God, not God

2. A paradise earth is coming

3. We are in the last days

4. the kingdom is a government

5. soul is the entire being

6. spirit is the impersonal life force

7. no Hell but a permanent death

8. the dead are in Hades, the common grave

9. there will be a ressurection of heavenly and earthly individuals..

The thing is the WT has gotten power hungry. And they refuse to change on old tired prophesies that are really wrong. They refuse to apoligize for the way their incorrect doctrines have destroyed peoples lives. They insist that their ideas and theirs alone are good and that you have no right to a different idea...or you are disfellowshipped. So they are really saying they are the mediator between God and man.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks Star, appreciate the background.

I think my wife is in a similar state as you are, where she agrees with much of the doctrine, but I also think she is still not realizing that in many respects that the WT and the GB have become an idol for many of the jws. For example she was talking to her sister and does not like the way that the jws fixate on the end of the world, but then she made the comment that the wt has never predicted the end of the world, it is the people who read too much into the literature.

I believe in the right to choose ones own religion, but I also believe that we need to be able to think for ourselves, and that is something that the wt has taken from its members. One of my favorite posters that I have ever seen has a drawing of Jesus Christ with a crown of thorns, with the following caption: 'He died to take away our sins, not our minds'

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I disagree with all of Star Moores points apart from 9.

Like I said, many ex-JWs still believe the doctrines.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Like I said, many ex-JWs still believe the doctrines. Hellrider

The Watchtower mindset is hard to overcome for some. For others, once they realise that the Watchtower has never been the voice of God it is easier to read the bible with an open mind and heart allowing Holy Spirit to be their guide.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Reformers were always in the minority on the net but a concerted effort by some very bad apostates wiped them out of serious disscussion groups about five years ago

'bring the tower crashing down' unc.

Unclebruce...Are you bragging....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit