Here's What's New With Me, those who care or not.

by Lindy 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Lindy
    Lindy

Well y'all, I leave the board for a few days and everything pops out. Lots of interesting stuff and no time for me to read and answer anymore. Nice going...(sarcastic grin) timed it just right to get few comments from me, dinnin ya? LOL

I am back to college and it is soooo much more easier than last semester. No queasy stomach, no high anxiety, no trying to hide in the back of the class. Good thing too, because enrollement is really up! Classes are packed. I am really glad I started last spring. Lots of nontraditional students (older folks, for you who don't know what that means. Lots of post secondary kids too (high shcool student hoping for 2 years of free college).

My daughters are both in the same classes with each other this fall too. Totally unplanned. Different advisors, different interviews. I don't know if that is good or bad! LOL! It may be wonderfull for them or one of them may end up dead, or seriously wounded...they are like night and day, but both education majors. They are getting the "twin" thing because of it, although my olderst is older by three years, and I personally don't think they look that much alike, but they had heard that a lot over the years. Started when my oldest was about 14 or so.

My oldest is now employed at her dream job, can wear piercings, tattoos, purple hair and lots of jewelry, including pagan stuff, tongue ring and all. She has been unemployed, much to our dismay, for over 9 months so Dad and I are happy. But now the youngest isn't working....

But life goes on and I must go too and do some reading. There is lots of it it seems and I want to try and stay ahead. My classes don't look to difficult for me (that's what I say NOW..). Even the dreaded Effective Communications Class doesn't look as bad as I thought. Bad enough though, for a person who took F's in HS before getting up in front of the class. I'm not that inhibited now though. I can think now, I am allowed, and I have self-esteem now, much more than in the Borg. Being a foster parent for three years, and having to put in 24 some hours a year in classes and participation helped too.

For those of you who might be reading this, and are still in the Organization, note that life starts when you leave the Organization. And it is wonderfull!!! It is a real kick!! It has gotten better each and every year I have been away. And I was in a looong, looooong time.

As Always,(((love ya all))),
    Lindy

• Tina
    Tina

((((((((((((((auntie)))))))))))))
    WOnderful wonderful news here!
    I returned as 'non-traditional' student lol Best thing I ever did for myself too! Supremely gratified to hear how well it's going! luv ya always,T

• LDH
    LDH

Lindy,

Don't know how I missed this post. But, I'm glad I found it. I wondered where you were....

Glad to hear you're doing well.

Lisa

• COMF
    COMF

Mmmm... educated women give me little shivers of excitement all over.

COMF

• Lindy
    Lindy

My dearest COMF,
    I ain't to edjurcated yet, so don't shiver your timbers to much. LOL

Love ya, and don't know what I would have done without your support over all these years. Thank you....
    Lindy

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sweet Tina,
    Thanks honey, I appreciate that you appreciate..glad you returned too. Ain't living, the real living, just grand?
    Lindy

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lisa, love,
    Thanks for missing me...nice to know someone is wondering about me once in a while, 'cuz I wonder about me all the time. Hehe. After the first week of class closing today tho', I feel a bit brain dead. But it seemed that everyone there, including the instructors, were keeping me good company. Just have to get back in the groove. Ya ya!
    Lindy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit