Jesus and the Watchtower

by Honesty 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why did Jesus come to earth?

Are the Watchtower doctrines about Jesus and why he came to earth accurate?

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Question 1:

To fulfill prorphecy

To die for our sins

To bring many sons to glory [Heb 2:10]

That through death He might destroy him who had the power of death [Heb 2:14]

etc

Question 2:

No

Cheers

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Why did Jesus come to earth?
    Because he was born of a virgin like the rest of us (to this day mothers accross the world cry out "OH MYGOD ..OH MY GOD ..OH MY GOD..."

Are the Watchtower doctrines about Jesus and why he came to earth accurate?
    Yeah pretty much .. except the bit about Jesus creating the earth, comming to save all of mankind from his father's wrath, returning as a ghost in 1919, circling the earth on a white horse etc... unc who don't care if it rains or freezes 'z long as I got my plastic Jesus rid'n on the dashboard of my car ....

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hello Honesty.

I would say, some are, some aren't. I've been thinking when Jesus came to the earth, that God would have put the genes of Joseph and Mary in him...God wouldn't want Joseph and Mary to think of him as less that their son. Would he? Also to be legal and keep his promise to Abraham, Jesus would have to have the seed of Abraham on both his father and mother's side. Both genetic linage is written, one in Math. 1 and the other in Luke 3:24.

Also the WT always says he was perfect genetically. But I'm saying, How could he not be in the fallen flesh...geesh....he'd never get a cold...and he would stand out as someone really different from the other brothers and sisters. And he didn't stand out as different...They couldn't even believe it when he was first implying he was the messiah....They said he was crazy or had a demon. He stood out as different after his baptism in 30AD.

These are 2 ways I'm thinking of.. they are wrong but there are more.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I'm thinking he wouldn't even age...no wrinkles, not one white hair...nothing, if he was perfect genetically..

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Sorry to tell you but Jesus didn't read the Watchtower.

• Jake99
    Jake99

Genetic perfection is a requirement of being the Christ, he must be Gods most gifted person to prove he is the one. That is proven by appearance, capabilities, ways and accomplishments of not only the Messiah but that of his bloodline. I highly recommend that the believers look at my life and you will find that I can be no other than the Messiah. My parents, six siblings and off spring are also the most gifted and accomplished people ever to walk the Earth and that is speaking factually with tons of documentation and thousands of witnesses. You should also know of the many intense battles with the government, especially at and around Y2K that I fought against the Commonwealth of Massachusetts when I asked them to give all they had to me.

Only one man shows up for his arraignment in a chariot of fire, with a 360 suit of armor, a sworded tongue, in a bubble and with a bow and arrows. That was after previous altercations in court and calling the judge out of the court to talk to me in the cemetary accross the street. You can imagine how biblical the evidence was in the twenty hearings and two trials. I won on every legal point of view just as I have done dozens of times before in a wide variety of judicial matters from every side of the law. The perfect man is the best all around athlete, engineer, healer, lawyer, leader, judge and whatever else comes along.

Many said I was crazy after I brought forth the bow but before hand I was a daily miracle worker that helped and led thousands and rebuilt a major US company at the same time. I was asked by many union members to run for US President or if I was the Christ over the twenty one years I performed nearly flawlessly for them and four major companies. That performance was documented to the penny, pound and minute and is easily compared to what others accomplished which does not come close.

My father is the most knowledgeable person on the Earth and my mother was the best looking woman with tremendous coordination. Any of my family members could be movie stars or pagent winners and the athletic performances of all of us are second to none.

I stood out as very different after defending my claim of being the Messiah in court. Many of the states doctors cleared and released me and testified that I was not crazy. Many witnesses cried on the stand and one female judge cried several times running mascara down her face. I backed all of them into a legal corner they could not escape from while they and I both proved I am the Messiah beyond a shadow of a doubt. I was convicted by the jury and the judge had no choice but to overturn the verdict as soon as the jury was dissmissed. I walked away to fight another day and the war is still going strong nearly seven years later. Its time to eliminate the false prophets and follow the true prophet.

• Jake99
    Jake99

Star Moore,

My last post is out of sequence for some reason, it posted just before your last one that I was responding to.

Very few wrinkles and grey hair is paternally genetic, probably from stress. The man depicted in the Chariot with the bow and arrows in the WT and Awake has gray or white hair does he not? Many have referred to me as the movie star or the actor, I do it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit