An Open Letter To Joel Engardio And PBS re: Knocking Documentary

by Madame Quixote 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Dear Mr. Engardio:

I would like to hear from you regarding a few questions I have about your new film, "Knocking":

* How was it received at the recent Sundance Festival, where you planned to present it?

* In making your film, did you present interviews with a variety of former Jehovah's Witnesses?

* Is there any discussion of how the JW practice of refusing blood transfusions has negatively impacted the lives of Witnesses or their families who have lost loved ones by following the dictates of their cult?

* Is there any reference to attorney Kerry Louderback-Wood's article,"Jehovah's Witnesses, Blood Transfusions And The Tort Of Misrepresentation," which documents how the JWs have misrepresented secular medical facts to promote cult practices that result in suffering and death?

* Is there any discussion of how the disfellowshipping policies of JWs have wrecked many families associated with the Witnesses?

* Do you discuss how the JW policies on sexual abuse have negatively impacted children and spouses subjected to abuse from their JW relatives?

* Do you have any discussion of how JW policies create a safe haven for sexual predators?

* Is there any discussion of how the JWs hypocritically condemned the United Nations for years and then lied about their UN membership?

* Is there any discussion of how the JWs have predicted the end of the world, specifying exact dates, many times, and failed to prophesy it accurately, disappointing and losing members as a result?

* Are there any references to ex-JW support groups or websites or any discussions about how to exit a cult and cope with all of the emotional and psychological aftermath?

If you have not included such information in your documentary, then I don't see how it could be considered unbiased or accurate in any way. If you have, then I thank you in advance for your truly unbiased research and presentation.

I look forward to your responses.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

T. J. Nobody

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

this is truly awesome. I'm giving you a round of applause right now!

who do I send a letter to? address and stuff?

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I sent mine to (an address I got from above)Joel P. Engardio at:

[email protected]

I'm looking up PBS now to send their people copies of the same questions, too.

You (and anyone else) may use my note as you wish, but I recommend editing/re-wording for best effects/maximum impact.

• sf
    sf

Here are a few threads in relation, back in July 2005:

**MUST READ** AlanF's email to Knocking.org

Producer of KNOCKING posts at my guest list, Barbara Anderson replies

KNOCKING --- NEWS [ This thread is a vital read if you are planning on sending email and/ or campaigning for a fair and balanced view of JW religion ]

Happy trails!

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit