The Albert Hofmann Foundation(inventer of LSD still alive at 100 yrs old.

by frankiespeakin 4 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Dr. Albert Hofmann celebrated his 100th birthday on January 11th, 2006!

Yes, it is true, Dr. Hofmann reached the wonderful age of 100 years this January! Dr. Hofmann's influence on the world as we know it today can not be estimated. From studies in consciousness to psychiatry and psychology, from music over art to fashion, computer and software development to philosophy, spirituality, and religious studies, his discovery of the psychoactive properties of LSD-25 have touched millions of people all over the world.

To help celebrate Dr. Hofmann's life and birthday, a wonderful international symposium was held in Basel, Switzerland, on January 13-15 2006. This symposium featured some of the most famous scientists, writers, artists, and friends of Dr. Hofmann with presentations and discussion forums. You can find out more at the event's website: http://www.lsd.info

Several members of the Albert Hofmann Foundation attended and presented at this convention. Look for a report and photos of the event to be posted in our What's New section soon, we will let you know right here when this is posted.

----------------------------------------

The Albert Hofmann Foundation

Our Mission

Throughout history people have used mind-expanding substances to explore consciousness and enhance their lives. Our purpose at the Albert Hofmann Foundation is to gather the records of these endeavors and to further the understanding and responsible application of psychedelic substances in the investigation of both individual and collective consciousness.

Dr. Albert Hofmann, on the occasion of celebrating the 50th anniversary of his famous bicycle ride:
    "You, my dear friends, and millions all over the world who now commemorate the 50th birthday of ergot's child, we all testify gratefully that we got valuable help on the way to what Aldous Huxley said is the end and the ultimate purpose of human life--enlightenment, beatific vision, love. I think all these joyful testimonies of invaluable help by LSD should be enough to convince the health authorities, finally, of the nonsense of the prohibition of LSD and of similar psychedelics."

About Us | Culture | Events | Links | Museum | Projects | Reviews | Science | Voices | What's New

© 1999 - 2003 Hofmann Foundation

Hosting provided by MAPS.org

http://www.hofmann.org/

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

There is some really interest information if you click on "voices" I have just come across this sight in my research it seems to be chuch full of good information.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Wow! I wonder if his age can be attributed to his work in chemistry? or just good genetics.

Then again, is he alert and aware, or just in an old-age veg state...

• professor
    professor

Are you catching any trails off this page? I am....... woah.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Brenda,

Sound pretty aleart to me:

"Dr. Albert Hofmann, on the occasion of celebrating the 50th anniversary of his famous bicycle ride:

"You, my dear friends, and millions all over the world who now commemorate the 50th birthday of ergot's child, we all testify gratefully that we got valuable help on the way to what Aldous Huxley said is the end and the ultimate purpose of human life--enlightenment, beatific vision, love. I think all these joyful testimonies of invaluable help by LSD should be enough to convince the health authorities, finally, of the nonsense of the prohibition of LSD and of similar psychedelics." ;

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit