Enlighted Gardening

by JEMIMAH 6 Replies latest jw friends

• JEMIMAH
    JEMIMAH

Hi Everyone

In para 30 of this weeks Isaiah book

did you notice an interesting technique to help your plants grow.

If any of you have found that it works let me know.

Cheers

Jem

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Adds a whole new meaning to green "thumb," doesn’t it. I asked my wife if she wanted to go ahead and get started on next year’s garden. We decided to cover all the bases and, well you know…

• JEMIMAH
    JEMIMAH

Nice one Marvin.

Did you notice the sheer arrogance of para 28?

Cheers

Jem

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Did you notice the sheer arrogance of para 28?

Hi, Jem!

I did notice the comment: "[elders] make every effort never to give even the appearance of ‘lording is over those who are God’s inheritance."

Where do elders learn how to do what they do? The WTS. Does the WTS lord it over the JW populace? Well, how does the WTS treat sincere JW publishers who INSIST on explanations for nonsensical reasoning and/or double standards? They push them out of the way like so much debris. Answer for WTS "tradition"? Never! So, what is that about not lording it over?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    "[elders] make every effort never to give even the appearance of ‘lording is over those who are God’s inheritance."

There seems to be a contradiction in this paragraph.

It starts by describing elders acting as judges in the manner of Jehovah's merciful way, then follows this sentence: "In most matters, though, they serve as 'counselors'." Notice the word I have highlighted. Just that one small word changes the thought completely. The reader is led to accept that the manner of elders' counselling is something approved. But is it?

BTW you will find a parallel to this passage (chapter 1) in Isaiah 65:3 and 66:17.

Wait till next week's study. The Writing Dept are using the NIV again (when it suits them!). Remember how they resorted to using it in the Daniel book to justify identifying the ships of Kittim as the British warships laying off the coast of western Europe in the First World War? LOL

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

• JEMIMAH
    JEMIMAH

Thanks Oz and Marvin

As ever insightful comments.

However Oz what is your garden like?????????

Cheers

Jem

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Jem,

Mrs Ozzie and I have a verdant garden, thanks!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit