"Walk Again" drug test

by metatron 6 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

see:

www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8711

hope the link works - this involves a drug that has allowed rats to regain spinal cord growth after severing. Could be very big.

metatron

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Interesting stuff metatron,

Let's hope it works on humans.

unc who was side tracked by the article on the daddy of all flesh eating dinosaurs -

After measuring their sizes, he estimates that the 99-centimetre-long snout came from a skull 1.75 metres long. From what we know of the body shapes of other spinosaurs, Dal Sasso calculates that the new Spinosaurus was 17 metres long and weighed 7 to 9 tonnes (Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, vol 14, p 888).

thank Jehovah for the flood!

• gumby
    gumby

Just look at the hungry man eating bastard will ya! I gotta a pump up pellet gun that would scare the bastard off

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Jeezus Gumby!!! I thought the bugga died out in the flood - 50 feet long and 8 tons of attitude .. I'd better load me spudgun with a geli stick and send one up 'is arse

ps: where'd ya git the cigar?

• Mary
    Mary

Is this your pistol Gumbastard? Ya, that'd scare the bejesuz outta that man eating dino........

• Gerard
    Gerard

This article makes no biological sense to me. When an antibody binds, it attaches itself so that a white cell recognized the complex as an intruder, in other words: an antibody targets cells for destruction. Assuming the targeted cells are not destroyed, their cell surface are -at least- blocked from any interaction and likely any growth.

I'd have guessed that growth factors or any other cell regulator would promote neuron regeneration, not an antibody. G o figure...

• Gerard
    Gerard

I got it now: Nogo-A exerts a growth inhibitory function leading to restricted axonal (neuron) regeneration. Anti-Nogo-A antibodies seem to stop Nogo's growth inhibition, allowing the axons (neuron) to grow and re-establish synapsis or connections.

Cool!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit