60's TV Documentary

by watson 4 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Does anyone here remember the Societies black and white "docudrama" that came out in the 60's? I believe it was on national telivision. I can still see a scene or two, but don't remember the name or premis.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

*** yb75 p. 232 United States of America (Part Three) ***

The motion picture "Heritage," also produced by the Watch Tower Society in 1966, dealt with the various temptations faced by young persons today. However, Angelo C. Manera, Jr., remarks that it showed "what the youth of the New World society were doing and how they were overcoming these temptations and following a Christian course of action." Unique in that it had a sound track, unlike other recent movies produced by the Society, it was shown by many television stations. So, thousands viewed it in their homes. "Heritage" also was presented at circuit assemblies and other public gatherings.

I have a copy on DVD. I copied it to VHS and then to DVD. Its a riot. There are some very nice sentiments in it. I was around seven or 8 when it was on TV in the SF Bay Area.

W.Once

• Nina
    Nina

Tagline: "Peace of mind and self-respect."

Nina

• wombat
    wombat

Nina...You beat me to it. I remember it well

"Peace of mind and self-respect"

Enough has alread been said on this site about mental health within the JW's I have had personal sad experiences with some young ones. They had neither. (Once they got out they were okay).

• watson
    watson

Thank you Wasa, that's the one. I wonder how Angelo is doing. Dynamic speaker. One of the few that would keep me awake when I was a youngster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit