Some wise words...

by Super_Becka 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

"Life without liberty is like a body without spirit. " - Kahlil Gibran

If only the WTS could see that. Or maybe they do see that and that's why they're so controlling.

I feel so bad for all of the JWs out there who are trapped and don't know what they're missing in the real world.

-Becka :)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I feel very sad for them, too. Especially my sister who is being run into the ground by them.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

This is definitely the quickest that one of my threads has ever died, but I think that quote is a good one, so I'm gonna bttt this one so more people can read it.

-Becka :)

• carla
    carla

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit. " - Kahlil Gibran

considering thier views on 'spirit' and soul, I don't think they would even understand that quote.

• Brigid
    Brigid

Aaaah, The Prophet--Love it!

I think it would make great reading for anybody. Glad you brought it up.

~Brigid

• greendawn
    greendawn

They greatly fear the real world because they think it is dominated by the devil, whereas most creativity is to be found there. They never understood that the world is largely what you make of it, there are all sorts people there and you just choose the ones you see fit and ignore the rest.

• daystar
    daystar

carla

considering thier views on 'spirit' and soul, I don't think they would even understand that quote.

My thoughts exactly. Since the soul is the entire being. The body doesn't have a soul, it is the soul.

And since they demonize individuality (with its understood liberty), they would simply scoff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit