How come your Moms not here at your birthday party?

by mjarka911 3 Replies latest jw friends

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Well it's been a bittersweet weekend. All week I have been feeling low about not having any family to be with (mom/dad/sisters all shun me since my DA). or the second year now I planned and carried out my son's birthday party. He's 5 and such a great kid! Not a peep about his mom not being a part of his party - but I know he feels it. We invited our neighbors and friends from preschool and had a good time swimming. It's just that every other kid gets grandma/grandpa/aunts/uncles/cousins and especially his Mom. Just the brave little face when the other parents would ask "Where's our Mom?" - mom doesn't celebrate birthdays. Poor kid.

• carla
    carla

Sorry for the little guy. Good for you celebrating his birthday! My kids went through this later in life when dad joined up. Only they were used to him actually helping out with parties sometimes and even joining in the games (just like the kids!). Now, I try to make them special for them. They resent him for this.

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Thanks for your comments Carla. The worst part is trying to reason with my wife about birthdays. After each point she brings up for not celebrating, I politely explain why it doesn't make sense. Then she moves to the next point. After the last one she says - "well taken all together - it's just not a good idea". The fog that this cult keeps you in is maddening!

• carla
    carla

Oh I know, my head often hurts from banging it against the wt wall. All the holidays have cloud over them now. Odd thing is, he used to just love holidays! Especially when they included suprising one of with a gift or card. He loved taking the kids shopping for me too! They made a day of it, shopping, ice cream, trying to fanagle the youngest into wrapping (that one is the best at it) then trying to keep his own mouth shut about what they bought! Or trying to kick me out of the kitchen so they could make a great meal, only they don't know where any thing is and have to ask me anyway or ask what something means in a cookbook. Silly days, they were.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit