Acts of Courage

by Lady Lee 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I've been here for a while now and seen so many new people register and start posting here. So many of you have been reading for a long time before you took that step to post something. That is an act of courage. Just reading here is an act of courage for some that haven't posted yet.

I remember how it felt to register. I was scared. What if the WTS is right? What if someone figures out who I am? Well, I was already DFed but my mind wasn't all the way out. Those lingering doubts haunted me as I searched the internet for answers to so many of the questions that were exploding in my head. Despite the years away from the WTS some of those old beliefs still lingered deep in my mind.

So to everyone who made an act of courage to start reading or posting thank you.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

well said and heartily seconded!

~Merry

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Lady,

I remember how nervous I was. I only visited this site through a proxy and deleted my cache every time I left my computer.

Grats on your courage everyone.

• Emma
    Emma

I was so scared too. Afraid of apostates. Afraid someone would fine me out. Afraid of something happening, I don't know what!

Everyone (well, most everyone!) was so different than I might have expected. I didn't find the bitterness, hatred and unreasonableness I'd been taught were in "apostates." The level of research, love, level-headedness, and so much more opened my eyes; helped me to begin to leave the guild behind. Thanks, everyone!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

IP_SEC

You were savvy enough to know how to make sure no one can get into your history and figure out where you have been. I know when I first came on the internet I would not have known that. Mind you I've never had to worry about a JW checking out which websites I've gone to.

Emma

One more way they lied to us and tried to keep us living in fear. "The world is a bad, scary place". What I discovered was a world full of people who have been betrayed by those we were supposed to trust the most but still express intelligence, caring, and good morals and values regardless of whatever spiritual beliefs they hold.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I just reread this wee thread and thought I would add another piece to it.

As JWs we were told that reading any material that was not WT approved was an act of defiance and an act of disobedience.

Reading anti-WT material here on JWD or elsewhere on the internet or in books are all considered unfaithful to Jehovah and of course to the WTS.

What a tremendous act of courage. Continue to know your efforts to learn and grow are true acts of courage

• Mum
    Mum

Hear! Hear!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit