One more biblical proof that WT 607BC interpretation is wrong

by Shazard 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Shazard
    Shazard

Was reading through Jeremia

So everybody knows Jer
    25:
    1 The word came to Jeremiah concerning all the people of Judah in the fourth year of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah, which was the first year of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon.
    9 I will summon all the peoples of the north and my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon," declares the LORD, "and I will bring them against this land and its inhabitants and against all the surrounding nations. I will completely destroy [a] them and make them an object of horror and scorn, and an everlasting ruin.
    10 I will banish from them the sounds of joy and gladness, the voices of bride and bridegroom, the sound of millstones and the light of the lamp. 11 This whole country will become a desolate wasteland, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years.
    ---
    So when the word came. It came at the begining of Nebuchadnezzar and he promised some punishment which will last 70 years. And punishment will start with Nebuchadnezzar invasion into Judea.
    But did you noticed also
    Jer 27:
    1 The Lord spoke to Jeremiah1 early in the reign of Josiah’s son, King Zedekiah of Judah.
    Notice timing... EARLY in Zedekiah
    Read verse 6 (check out, context is the same)
    6: I have at this time placed all these nations of yours under the power of my servant,King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. I have even made all the wild animals subject to him.
    ---
    It is fulfilled what he promised allready. But notice the timing... Jerusalem is still standing and if you read more chapter 27 then there is talk about not letting Temple stuff be taken away... so Temple is still standing, but God's promise in Chapter 27:9 is allready fulfilled and 70 year coundown is allready happening.

And again one more proof that 70 years started before Jerusalem destruction!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Hm, yet another 607-thread. I have a question I`d like to ask, not to what Shazard wrote, but on the 607-topic: In the WTS-"chronology", they have pushed the date of Jersualems destruction back 20 years, which means that according to them Nebuchadnezzars first year of rule would have to be in ...625, right? And this also means that the jewish kingslist have to be pushed back 20 years, and I was wondering: How much evidence (archaeological, etc) is there about the jewish kings and when they reigned? I mean, is there a whole lot of evidence (not Babylonian) about when the jewish kings (before the whole Babylonian invasion) ruled? I mean, are there "pivotal dates" also before the Babylonian invasion, which would help establish as facts when the jewish kings ruled? And if so, what is the WTS view on this? (don`t mean to hijack the thread, though)

• sir82
    sir82

Anyone want to start a pool?

I say Scholar will weigh in on reply #7, and the phrase "celebrated Watchtower scholars" will appear at least once in his post.

• City Fan
    City Fan

I think Scholar's post will be #9 and go something like this:

Wiley postates...blah blah blah.... satanic chronology..... blah....blah.... Jonsson hypothesis....blah...blah...blah...blah....17 or 18 lines of evidence....blah...blah blah...586 or 587...... blah....blah....blah.......celebrated Watchtower scholars.....blah....blah....blah....blah.....sacred chronology......blah....blah......abundant secular evidence for 607........blah.......blah....blah.....blah.....MA......BA......blahhhhhh.....Religious....blahhhhhhh.......Studies.........blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

CF.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I'm no expert and I'm certainly no scholar, but I've searched the web extensively for exactly what you're discussing. When I was first doubting I thought this bit of information would save my faith in the WTS.

There seems to be no conclusive evidence to pinpoint to a specific year when Saul began to reign. Various authorities show it at different dates.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Saul (meaning 'asked for') was a fictional character whom the people 'ask for' to be King. You'll be hard presssed to find any nonBibical historical date for his reign.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

recent thread with relevant responses:Looking for secular proof for 609 BC...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit