January 14, 2015 ABC recording of Conti/WT case

by Gayle 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Gayle
    Gayle

I would really like be able to hear/see the "Oral Arguments" of this case!  Does anyone know how we may be able to access this?  Can anyone help me to get that?

Case #A136641.         

p.s.

Thank you Simon for helping me to be able to get back in here.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious
    I doubt that the media outlets who have permission to record the proceedings will do any kind of live broadcast or publish the entire proceeding.  More likely, they will consider including clips from the oral argument in a piece prepared for one of their investigative journalism / news magazine shows.  Sorry if this isn't helpful.  Oral arguments tend to be rather dry, if that's any consolation. 
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    And the problem with this is ABC, not being exdubs like us, won't know what to look out for...there could be snippets of something important that they miss because they either do not understand the terminology of witness language or they think it is not important.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Gayle,

I want to read the transcripts of the recordings. It's sure to be dry, but you can learn all kinds of things if you pay attention. What if no one ever wanted to read the transcripts of the Walsh trial, or the Conti case?? Where would we be?? 

Just because ABC may not realize the importance of a particular statement, or pick up on some hypocrisy, that doesn't mean we can't? We can share it with anyone who wants to understand it. Although it's painfully frustrating, we should educate JWs and others about the hypocrisy of the WTBTS whenever possible . 

This court stuff is HUGE!!  We all need to keep abreast of this issue. Hey, maybe JWLeaks will know how to get the transcripts? Maybe ABC will make them available at some point? 

DD

• smiddy
    smiddy

What if posters here contacted ABC requesting transcripts acknowledging ABC as the source ,  to be provided to forums like this , and JW Facts  JW Leaks  etc .who then could give feedback to the ABC challenging claims made by the W T B & TS if need be .?

I`m  sure the ABC could do a mini-series covering the whole allegations / trial on one of their current affairs or 60 minutes programs especially if Candace Conti  succeeds in winning this case with such a large payout .

What do you think ?

smiddy

• Chaserious
    Chaserious
    maybe JWLeaks will know how to get the transcripts

Unlike at the trial court, there is usually no court reporter making a transcript at appeals oral arguments (at least not in any of the states I am familiar with; although I am not certain about California).  So you would have to get it from ABC (assuming they make a transcript) or someone else who had permission to record. 

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    This is still on point??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit