The Rapture Movie

by Oroborus21 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Just happened to catch this movie on TV, from 1991, The Rapture, starring Mimi Rogers.

Has anyone else seen it and have any comments regarding it?

I found the movie to be an interesting mishmash of various concepts. I know it isn't an accurate portrayal of Fundamentalism or Born-Again Christian faith but I found some of the bits amusing in how it displayed how sometimes these persons can be just as judgmental and self-righteous as anyone - not too mention mentally disturbed. Overall, I thought it pretty interesting, even though it goes low-budget at the end and the final climax and denouement could be better.

These comments from people that saw the movie here were interesting:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102757/usercomments?start=0

along these lines has anyone here seen the Omega Code series of movies or any of them. I think I saw the first one. It wasn't as bad as Battlefield Earth. :-)

Are these kinds of movies just vanity pieces or do the producers really think they are helping to spread their message-philosophy in this medium?

And why is there such a gulf between movies like these and movies like the Ten Commandments or The Passion. Is it just a question of money and production values?

-Eduardo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit