The wonderful answer: WOJ

by mustang 9 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

Yep, WAITING ON JEHOVAH.

This statement has really good potential as a "catch-all" phrase. It is a useful palliative and "anti-inflammatory"; it's general but agreeable vagueness is magnificent.

It doesn't mean: I agree with you

It doesn’t mean: I disagree with you

It doesn’t mean: I will be at the next meeting

It doesn’t mean: I will not be at the next meeting

It doesn’t mean: I will see you at Memorial

It doesn’t mean: I will not see you at Memorial

It doesn’t mean: I am a JW

It doesn’t mean: I quit the JW's

It doesn’t mean: I will be going out in FS

It doesn’t mean: I will not go out in FS

It doesn’t mean: you are right, Brooklyn is right

It doesn’t mean: Brooklyn screwed up again and couldn't prophesy their way out of an open paper bag

But yet you still seem to believe in Big-J; or do you?

It is a no-answer answer!!!

Use it when "... on advise of counsel ..."

or

my lawyer will send you a list of questions and your answer is to be in writing

or

"I want that in writing "

is too obvious and problematical.

It is an acceptable answer to any JW question including your phone number or the JW's age, IQ or number of friends before his dog died.

Get together in groups or role playing sessions and practice using this response. Drill, drill and drill until this is a total "knee-jerk" response to any sudden and unexpected contact with a JW.

This answer will serve you well when you are bushwhacked by a pesky Bro. NosyasHell or two eLDER's.

Just keep repeating it and they cannot trip you up; you don't give them anything.

After you have used the WOJ routine a few times, you could tell Bro. NosyasHell how bad off you are in financial way; then hit him up for a loan. Rest assured Bro. NosyasHell is now history to you.

Just remember: "let your yes mean yes and your no mean no" but your WOJ means ???? TBD ????

Actually, "the answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind".

Mustang

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Good advice for faders.

"Brother, there's just some things that I'm a little bit bothered by, and I'm WOJ"

"Would you like to discuss those things? After all, elders are one of Jehovah's Provisions™ for making his will known and understood..."

"Well, thank you for your interest, but for right now, I'd prefer to WOJ".

"Well, may I ask if you still believe in the Faithful and Discreet Slave™?"

"Well, I'm just not sure...I'm WOJ for the answer to that..."

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

LOL. ya man, for sure. that was a great post, ha ha!

i always get insane when i hear that WOJ catchall phrase. i wanna say "and ya, i have all of my kid teeth under my pillow still because i am (WOTF - ) waiting on the tooth fairy."

;)

ts

• blondie
    blondie
    Vladimir: That passed the time.
    Estragon: It would have passed in any case.
    Vladimir: Yes, but not so rapidly.
    Estragon: …Let's go.
    Vladimir: We can't.
    Estragon: Why not?
    Vladimir: We're waiting for Godot.

It is true that when we fold stockings we weigh the pros and cons we are no less a credit to our species. The tiger bounds to the help of his congeners without the least reflexion, or else he slinks away into the depth of the thickets. But that is not the question. What we are doing here is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come- !-/Text-!>

Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot (1955)

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Awesome, this is just what I need right now. I can be just as frustrating as they can.

• mustang
    mustang

ROFLMAO @ justsomedude

I'm proud of you, that is the spirit: Go forth, young man and spread consternation

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

Dan the Man hit the nail on the head with:

"Well, may I ask if you still believe in the Faithful and Discreet Slave™?"

That is just what inspired this post

Mustang

• atypical
    atypical

Thank you for that golden nugget. That just became my fail-safe reply to nosy jws.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

perfect advice. It will be used wisely!

• gumby
    gumby

Witnesses take cheap shots at Jehovah as it's better for them to save face and not bring reproach on the Organisation.....rather than bring it upon Jehovah himself.

In times past to cover their errors, they have said Jehovah "allowed" them to believe certain things to teach and test them. Or..."it wasn't Jehovahs due time" to make a certain thing known. In saying their "waiting on Jehovah, " they again say it's HIS fault they don't understand something yet. He always gets the blame.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit