Confidential Letter from The Watchtower

by Kent 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent
    Confidential Letter from The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society

This letter was sent to "All Bodies Of Elders In The United States" Juli 1. 1989. I guess many will find the content extremely interesting!

You can find the letter on the first page of the Watchtower Observer!

I would be happy for comments, and I will publish some of the comments as well!

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Kent,

these few lines to thank you again, for your
    excellent and very informative posts. I do believe that
    information is...the essence of liberty.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Kent
    Kent

Thanks, MacHislopp;

I will try to make a list of the BOE letters I know have been released in the US, and tell which of them I do have a copy of. Hopefully some of the readers here will send me the ones I do NOT have as well.

Another thing. The letters are not always the same, small changes - or maybe completely other letters. We know the letters are different from different places in the world.

Therefore, I'm EXTREMELY interested in getting all BOE letters from England - especcially those having to do with handling of child abuse!

And please - I need ALL PAGES OF THE LETTERS!

My plan is this:

I will try to build an online library with all BOE letters, and I would like to have letters from different countries. Different "problems" are handled differently, depending on where and when. So, I'm interested in letters and documents from all over the world!

Also, letters to individuals. Like when the Society do send a letter to someone, telling them what to do in different situations. The ones who do have such letters know what I'm talking about.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a real good library of such material? I believe that would be extremely useful, to us, to JWs, to the press - to anyone BUT the Watchtower itself.

Also, people running websites may write to me, and I will send copies of such material when I publish the material on the Watchtower Observer. I would appreciate a link, though. :-) I can set up a mailinglist just for that, and as soon as something is published, I can send scans of documents to the ones interested. Is that an idea?

So, folks. Let's do a real good job here. Let's make the online library as good as possible. Scans can be sent to me, [email protected]

Let's hope for a great result!

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Kent;

They look good!

HCM

• troubled
    troubled

An online library of BOE letters would be very helpful to me as well! I know they can be found here and there, but to have them all together in one accessible place would be great.

• Dino
    Dino

Hello Kent, I had not been to your excellent website for a few weeks. When I went there I was blown away by the NGO-UN link to the WTBS!! Thanks to MacHislopp also for the hard work on the article. This has to be given great publicity! Dino

• Dino
    Dino

Sorry MacHislopp, I didnt see your post on the next page. Dino

• Kent
    Kent

Yes, an online library will be exactly what we need, and I therefore hope as many as possible can send me scans of such letters.

I will make this directory extremely easy to navigate, and of course - full text search inside the directory itself. With all the texts as text - and as photocopy of the original. That way I guess there should be no problem proving the validity.

I will, however, check the validity of EVERY letter, to be sure there are no "plants" from the Watchtower to discredit this stuff. I believe they can do everything to try to discredit everything we do.

So, folks - come on - send me your scans. 200 dpi - because that's what I need to do a good OCR scanning of the text as well.

Yakki Da

Kent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit