A question for Psychics, Mediums or those that believe in the afterlife

by Pleasuredome 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

if it is true as claimed by mediums, that the soul survives death and can come back and communicate with mediums, then has anyone known or experienced a passed over JW trying to communicate? if so, how have they reconciled their former beliefs to what they are now experiencing in the afterlife?

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Pleasure.....do the words "Too much free time on your hands" mean much to you?

LOL

• Clam
    Clam

Pleasuredome

I've come across this in at least two spiritualist books I've read over the years. With mediums generally being an anathema amongst Christians, a surviving personality will more often than not carry on for some time retaining a lot of "baggage". A JW, indeed a lot of people who have seen mediumship as evil will still refuse to communicate with people on the earth plain until they have been through a lengthy healing and learning process. By the time this happens they then don't feel as if they want to communicate or sometimes their closest relatives have then passed on themselves.

Seems amusing to me that not only do old habits die hard but they don't die at "death".

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    Pleasure.....do the words "Too much free time on your hands" mean much to you?

god! you're psychic too!!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

clam,

i asked the same question to a medium i know of, and he told me something similar in that the passed on JW wouldn't communicate, but he understood on it on the grounds that they woudn't want to communicate with people who were involved with the religion 'cause it would interfere with their beliefs and freechoice. i thought his explanation was odd, and even if he's right, the spirit would be helping the WTS by not informing people of the truth IMO.

• Clam
    Clam

Pleasuredome,

Your pal is right in so far as it's a big no no for spirits to interefere too much. A JW in spirit would not be allowed to warn his earth based relative to leave the JWs. It's interfering with a learning process you see. The person may need to learn a lesson, by being trapped in a cult and then leaving it. Sounds bizarre, indeed sadistic but thats how it seems. A friend of mine who is a very good medium invited some JWs in once because they wanted to chat about spiritual matters. The medium asked one of the sisters if he had a brother called Tom. She replied yes but that he'd died. When my friend told her he was in the room (in spirit) and was laughing his socks off at her being in a spiritualists house, the two sisters left in a cloud of dust.

Not entirely relevant but quite amusing.

• greendawn
    greendawn

This contact with the dead is another religious trick to make money, it's in the same vein as the tricks used by the FDS to exploit their own victims. It's a nice and easy little earner "contacting" the dead. A few minutes of channeling and you made 50 or 60 dollars.

I am not yet sure whether a person exits the body as a soul and carries on living without the body, but I don't believe that souls would contact demon possessed mediums of all people.

It's good to note the word channel that the FDS use to describe themselves smacks too much of occultism. The spirit mediums channel spirit (demon) energies, the FDS channel jehovah's energies. I've never heard a catholic or protestant priest say that they channel energies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit