Are you "star-struck" by famous people?

by free2beme 18 Replies latest jw friends

• caligirl
    caligirl

No, I look at them as regular people who have jobs that happen to make them recognizable. I think that they deserve their privacy. I think that unless they are making a job-related public appearance, people ought to just let them go about their business in peace.

• deeskis
    deeskis

wo doof

talk about being in the right place at the right time! a friend of mine went to music college in sydney and had the opportunity to jam with joe satriani, we were just talking about this thursday night.....he went to see satriani a few years later (last year), in concert at enmore rang up the promoter and got back stage passes, satriani came in the room and recognises him...........hi fives! pretty cool.

I just realised i never answered the original question I haven't met anyone famous, but think I would probably get a bit tongue tied. Met Stuart Diver once at a conference (he's not famous, really, but has celebrity status due to being the only survivor of the Thredbo landslide) He was down to earth, his parents are scottish, (me too). my H met Barnsey in a small shop a couple of years ago, H said hey Jimmy!, barnsey said hey, then bought his jacket!! we saw him at twin towns a couple of weeks ago when we were on hol. good concert, but not as impressive as "up close and personal with led zep"!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Jesus Christ seemed very down to earth, but not anymore. :sad face:

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

For a good overview of how celebrities interract with the little people, Bitter Waitress is a very good site. People working in the food industry tell you who behaves themselves in restaurants, and who the lousy tippers are. Good fly on the wall stuff

This one about J-Lo:

Lopez & her 3 girlfriends came into the restaurant....bossing everyone around & complaining about almost everything- the table, the heat, their bottled water(should be room temperature), the tea was too hot...etc...Unreal. She orders tuna tartare and when she received it, she thought it should be cooked??!!! And she got somewhat beligerent with me...she seems to have fun bossing me around (believe me- I tryed to be very patient and thought I did a decent job). This woman is unbelievable - aside from the fact she has a pan face and a big ass. Apparently she thinks she is funny, by leaving change in pennies & nickels. What a cheap f*ck!
    http://www.bitterwaitress.com/std/index.html?detail=1&id=3027
  • Soledad
    Soledad

There are many many celebrities in my area.

Only 3 I have met and liked:

• Steven Speilberg
    • Johnny Depp
    • Javier Bardem

One that I see at my gym and acts like a bitch:

• Uma Thurman

One that looks like a homeless guy wandering the streets:

• Ethan Hawke

The most annoying breed of celebrities: Rappers! With the exception of 50 cent. He is nice.

I have seen countless others but never stopped to look or greet them or anything. Can't be bothered.

• poppers
    poppers

I met baseball Hall of Fame player Paul Molitor on a plane once, when he was still a player. I just asked if it was him and he said "yes". I didn't want to act like a "fan" and ask for an autograph so I just talked to him a bit. I mentioned how I saw him play many times in Milwaukee the year they went to the World Series, and how I never saw the Brewers lose when I went to a game. He readily shared some personal information about himself without my asking, and asked about me - very down to earth and classy.

Another time while waiting at LA Airport to board a plane Audie Murphy of WWII fame was paged - at least I think it was the same guy, but don't know for sure. Though I didn't actually meet him I like to think that I had an "encounter" with him, however ephemeral.

• Golf
    Golf

I've been in competition since childhood. If you want to make it to the top, you gotta be an SOB!!!! Very few are not. You gotta be there to understand. Even 'within' competitors there's different levels. Don't let them smiling faces fool you, it's all me babe, all me.

Golf

• deeskis
    deeskis

oh now i remember some other celeb encounters i had. you guys in the northern hemisphere won't have a clue who i'm talkin' bout, (you're all so provincial), but never mind.

A couple of years ago I helped organise a fundraiser ball for our local proposed cancer outpatients centre. We tried to get celebs to attend to up the profile. Paula Duncan came.......she was a big name a decade or so ago, but now she's better known for her spray and wipe commercials. (her sister carmen duncan is in the states, is a fashion designer and i think was in a soapie for a while ??some hospital one)

anyway my husband had to pick paula up from the airport to bring her to our small town, about 3 and a half hours drive away. We had VIP complimentary accommodation etc donated for her. She played the superstar, H rang me on the way down and Paula wanted massage, hair appt, waxing etc when she arrived. I was ringing around like a madwoman trying to organise that for her at the 11th hour. when she arrived the masseuse et al came to her hotel room, and they all drank margaritas. My husband then had to tune the tv for her as she wanted to watch the rugby and the tv wasn't co-operating. He also gave her some medical info.

After that he was describing himself as Chauffer, TV technician, and personal physician to the stars! lol She was great fun, bubbly personality, but a total spin out!!

I've also had some dealings with Pam Burridge, Ex world champ surfer, who lives in our district. Pam has been supportive of local issues, donating items for our cancer appeal, she's cool. My daughter's first surfboard was one of pam's old ones that she sold me, which my daughter was pretty proud of.

also used to see sorrel wilby, tv presenter, at our local gym. she is down to earth too. Has now moved to Norfolk Island now.

• ferret
    ferret

Met Beevis and Butthead and they were rude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit