looking for a scripture

by bonnzo 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

i thought i read a scripture that made reference to the idea that reaching out for "overseer" type privileges is nor for every brother. i can't remember how it was worded. maybe it was a dream, but if it exists and anyone can find it, i;d sure appreciate it. thanx in advance.

• carla
    carla

Is it the one where not everybody should be ministers and all have different gifts? (my viewpoint not being NWT of course)

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Not many of YOU should become teachers, my brothers, knowing that we shall receive heavier judgment. (James 3:1)

That statement is faithful. If any man is reaching out for an office of overseer, he is desirous of a fine work. (1 Timothy 3:1)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

2 Thessalonians 3:16 "Now we are giving YOU orders, brothers, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, to allow each according to his gift and not be placing undue burdens upon your brothers. If any man is unable or unwilling to take on the role assigned him let him steadfastly remain a true friend in Christ and a proper equal in all matters. Furthermore if anyone amoungst you finds the burden of preaching the goodnews not to his liking, then let that one remain home untroubled and in good standing even after three months without reporting any field service whatso ever. For YOU yourselves know the way YOU ought to imitate us, because we did not behave disorderly among YOU nor did we stone those with oposing views.. To the contrary, by labor and toil night and day we were working so as not to impose an unecessary burden on the weak the brainwashed and the underprivelidged." WARNING: The above may not be 100% accurate (my memory glands aren't the best) unc in a bible-free zone.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

James 3:1 Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, for you know that we who teach shall be judged with greater strictness.

I Timothy 3:1 The saying is sure: If any one aspires to the office of bishop (overseer??), he desires a noble task.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't help but notice this gem

the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings

and this

there are many insubordinate men, empty talkers and deceivers.......they must be silenced, since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for base gain what they have no right to teach.

• Undecided
    Undecided

This sounds like a quote from the WT directed toward us apostates.

there are many insubordinate men, empty talkers and deceivers.......they must be silenced, since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for base gain what they have no right to teach

Ken P.

• ezra
    ezra

1st timothy 3;1 overseer scripture

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit