Past Light

by Frenchy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

"...Sincere people...who desire to understand the truth and know what the future holds, will study and give heed to what is written in the Word of truth...This does not at all mean that such sincere persons must join any organization under the sun."

Enemies by J.F. Rutherford. 1937 p.21
    I'm going to try posting a picture from the book:

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Frenchy,

I'm sure that the WTBTS writers just *sigh* when they're confronted with "past light."

The New Light, which has been around for a long time now would read like this:

This does not at all mean that such sincere persons must join any organization under the sun. Sincere persons will join themselves to the only organization which has a firm hold on the Word of truth - and the only God-approved organization is Jehovah's Witnesses. Join now - as Armageddon is nearer now than ever before!

Love the picture - so Satan started religious organizations, eh?

waiting

• TMS
    TMS

Frenchy:

There's a musty odor in the room from you opening all those old books. I still have a mental picture of many of them. "Vindication", "Light" (Was it 1, 2 and 3?), "Enemies". "Deliverance", "Children", etc.

As a teenager, I played the old Rutherford records and used to imitate his speaking style: "Jehovah is the true God. Satan the Devil is the false god!"

TMS

• blondie
    blondie

Frenchy, wouldn't that picture liven up the WT publications today! What's the story behind the legs on the snake...is that in the Bible? I have been reading the older publications lately and marking the pictures with full female frontal nudity....quite a few...

Musty books, just put them in a bag with unused clay kitty litter for a week...takes away the smell of the must...remember "unused."

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Waiting: Yes, he did. It says so right there in the Judge’s book!

TMS: There some old recordings of his at our hall still.

Blondie: I kind of like those pics better than the ones we have today! Maybe I could enlarge some of the scans and put them up on the information board. Ya think?

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• blondie
    blondie

Frenchy, I think the response would be "We are not amused."

• ballistic
    ballistic

Did anyone know that the now dis-continued booklet Jehovah's Witnesses in the 21st Century had a paragraph suggesting that the faithfull and Discreet Slave are still examining the bible and searching for truth through study????
    Well, I expect they are, but they just don't want anyone else to do research, oh no.
    And don't forget:

If you discovered the secret of time travel tonight, and went back in time with all your wisdom, and new light...

you would be disfellowshipped.

I was too far out... and not waving but drowning - Stevie Smith

• ballistic
    ballistic

sorry can I change that...

If you discovered time travel, you would get disfellowshipped whether you traveled forwards OR backwards!

I was too far out... and not waving but drowning - Stevie Smith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit