Graduation of the 109th Class of Gilead excerpt - more Bethel Notes to come

by What-A-Coincidence 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

If you guys want more let me know. If these have been posted already let me know. I got work to do!

“Be Flexible Yet Firm Guy Pierce

Tall buildings are massive and strong. Across the river from the Watchtower buildings in are the . They are 110 stories tall and very strong. But they are not rigid. They can’t be. If they were, a very small quake could cause them to tremble. This is true also of bridges. The in is 4,200 feet across, with towers that are 760 feet high from their base. But the suspension in the middle can sway 21 feet in either direction without damage. That is 40-foot flexibility! God’s Word is solid . It is called a rock . Yet it allows for flexibility. It was written for all cultures, and for all mankind. It applies to all the earth. It appeals to our conscience. At 2 Corinthians 4:2 it states that “ by making the truth manifest recommending ourselves to every human conscience in the sight of God.” Conscience was given to the first human creature. God’s Word is also his creation. Don’t hold back from reading it to people, to touch their conscience. Your life course will appeal to their conscience and your being firm for right standards will appeal. How does flexibility come in? Regarding your attitude toward others, you are going to many cultures. You are sent to teach God’s word. Avoid belittling to others. While I was doing construction work in , I learned from Japanese workers and their tools. I realized their saws cut with a pull stroke, while ours worked with a push stroke. I found that theirs cut straighter. I went home and changed all of my blades. In some cultures people clean their nostrils by blocking one and blasting toward the street. You may think, how gross! Do you know what they think of us? “Do you mean you blow into a tissue and carry it around with you all day? How gross!” It is a different way of looking at it. In some cultures, to place your hand on the head of a boy is offensive . Learn to accept changes. Don’t look down on others because their way of looking at things is different. We have the good news to spread. Remember that John tells us God so loved the world he gave his son . Jehovah also sends people like you to help them to see the truth and make adjustments in their lives. What you do is an extension of God’s love. Your success depends on your attitude toward people. It is like the stranger who got off the train in a new town. He asked a man sitting in a chair, “What are the people like in this town?” The local man asked, “What were the people like where you are from?” The stranger said, “They were bitter and obstinate. I was glad to leave there.” “Well,” said the local man, “You’ll find people are like that here, too.” Another stranger got off the train and asked the man, “What are the people like in this town?” The local man asked, “What were the people like where you are from?” The second stranger said, “They were wonderful. I loved them so much, it was hard to leave there.” The local man answered, “You’ll find that people are like that here also.” How we find people depends on our own attitude. May 1 Thessalonians 3:11 be true with all of you. “ May our God and Father himself and our Lord Jesus direct our way prosperously to YOU.”

wac

• Think
    Think

God word is solid. Joketower word is not.

God word is flexible... Joketower is not.

That is why sheeps run away...

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    In some cultures people clean their nostrils by blocking one and blasting toward the street. ... Don’t look down on others because their way of looking at things is different.

I don't care what your culture is, that's just plain nasty. If JWs really want to help people in 3rd world nations, they should ditch the Watchtower and teach these people about germs and sanitation.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Your success depends on your attitude toward people. It is like the stranger who got off the train in a new town. He asked a man sitting in a chair, “What are the people like in this town?”...

He used this exact illustration 20 years ago when he visited our congo as a CO.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    God’s Word is solid. It is called a rock. Yet it allows for flexibility.

Huh? I've never heard of a solid-flexible rock before.

The book "1984" described that as Double-Think... the ability to hold two contradictory ideas at the same time.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    In some cultures people clean their nostrils by blocking one and blasting toward the street.

I knew a pioneer who did that all the time while out in service.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Thanks WAC. Looking forward to the next installment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit