Who Am I?-How to Reinvent Yourself After the WTS

by FreePeace 7 Replies latest jw friends

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

It has been awhile since I posted this article here. But with all the newer ones here, not to mention the new ones lurking, I would like to post it again.

It is an article I wrote last year, which I have received great response to. I hope it might help you too.

You can find it at http://beam.to/truthquest .

There is a link right on the main page.

All my best to you!

FP

"The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine

Visit my Websites:
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest

Empower the Spirit: http://www.EmpowerTheSpirit.com

• more2C
    more2C

Hello FreePeace,

I just wanted to say thank you for your post. I enjoyed visiting the website you recommended, and I thought it had many outstanding points we all could use whether we are new or old. I too, must remain anonymous (sp?) due to one parent that is still active. I liked your point on the site that stated:

"Recovery means moving forward and out of the past, in essence, getting "past the past."

This seems to be a daily struggle for me. Especially when a parent is still blindly accepting and deligating what he/she thinks is best. We are all individuals and adults with our own set minds trying to get along together, harmoneously. Anyway, thanks again for all the encouragement.

more2C

• think41self
    think41self

FreePeace,

For those of you who don't know, FP is my hubby.

I just want to add that what brought him to write this wonderful, encouraging article is the agony and two years of recovery he went through on leaving the borg and losing his entire family. Unlike me, he was still fairly close to his family...and had nightmares about them, dreams about meeting up with them and having them strangely accepting him back into their lives(wonder where those came from?) So, he is sharing his personal experience with you. Some of you may find it enlightening, upbuilding...and might empower you to move forward with your life. It did for me.

think41self

"It is much more sensible to be an optimist instead of a pessimist, for if one is doomed to disappointment, why experience it in advance?"
    Amelia Peabody Emerson

• jurs
    jurs

Free peace,

I went and read your article. Thank you. Its helpful to know that this process and feelings are being shared by others.
    Jurs

• spider
    spider

I read this article a few days ago now but some of the points were so good I had to go back and read them again.
    I liked particularly the sections about remembering your core values and finding your life's work.
    We always associate religion with a code of behavior.I have left my religion behind.That does not mean I am now an immoral degenerate.Rather it means I have the freedom to figure out what my own code is and live by it.It is a liberating and rewarding idea.
    I am at a critical point in deciding where my future work lays.I see clearly that it is possible to have a purposeful and fullfilling vocation without needing to give myself or change myself for some outside influence.Life can have a purpose and I do not have to believe in God to have it.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I have had the pleasure of meeting FreePeace and Think41Self. They are warm and wonderful people with a lot of very good advice to give. FP wrote a very interesting book, I suggest picking up a copy.

• Lindy
    Lindy

Hi Freepeace!!

Nice to see you! I think about you and hope you and your lovely wife are doing well. I made it to my second semester in college. Made the dean's list last semester. I couldn't have done it without the support from you, your e-mails, book and the support of all the friends I have now on here and on H2O (old board)!! Thanks guys, you all know who you are and I love ya all!! My girls were the best in getting me going and making me get through it all too. It is fun going to school along side your kids, at least in my case.
    BTW, I am taking oral communication this semester, and I think of you and others who can do all that speaking, so I know I can too. It is only 3 speeches, and one group speech, so how bad can the 5-7 minutes each be?
    We never know how we affect each others lives and I just wanted you to know you affected mine in a most positive way. Thank You!!

As Always,
    Lindy (Antique, in case you don't know who the heck Lindy is!!)

• think41self
    think41self

Thanks MrMoe,

It was a pleasure meeting you and hubby also. And let me tell you, she doesn't look anything like a MR...she is very pretty, and intelligent...and her and hubby both like to talk...alot I am glad you are enjoying the book.

Lindy, thanks for the good wishes...good luck to you too in your endeavors.

think41self

"It is much more sensible to be an optimist instead of a pessimist, for if one is doomed to disappointment, why experience it in advance?"
    Amelia Peabody Emerson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit