If you tell people the truth,is it enlightening them or inciting a rebelion

by DavidChristopher 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
  • DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

as I was saying...

If you reprogram a mans robots with a new program, which are you? A "rebel" or "liberator"? Guess it would depend on if you really had the permission from the owner, that nobody knew about. Including yourself.

Is it possible that everyone on this topic could judge this, and come up with a judgment of "right" or "wrong" I would like to have no disagreement if possible.

Is it possible to judge this without knowing the "hacker's" intentions or motives. Is he a thief trying to steal his masters robots? Or is he a hero trying to get his little brothers and sisters to his level?

Lets judge this person........

/

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Neither, he just likes dumping on robot thieves

• daystar
    daystar

I won't address your example since I don't see how it fits with the subject.

It depends upon the state of the person you tell at the time.

The best thing a person can do is decide upons their own values and stick to them regardless of any other person's reaction.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I agree the illustration does not fit. People are far more complex than robots.

It depends on the person. My daughter, in her late twenties, still holds out hope that the average person can be reasoned out of prejudice. A couple weeks ago she received a double-dose of bigotry from a co-worker, and my daughter gave the lady double-dose reality check right back. Then she called me and my dad just to remind herself that there are sane people in the world (She's complained that being raised in a family without bigotry sheltered her from the world's stupidity. She's not sure if she should shoot us or thank us).

She asked my dad, "Is there any way you can wake these people up?"

Dad replied, "When you figure it out, tell me, because nothing's worked in my lifetime."

What did the lady say? When she found out my daughter married a black man from Africa, she asked if her family was Christian, and didn't it bother us? My daughter called me up that night, all shook up. "You didn't care what color he was, did you mom? Weren't you more worried if he would love me and take care of me, because that's what I told her." I reassured her that she was right. I knew as soon as my met my son-in-law that he was her first serious suitor. He was completely smitten, and he could not take her eyes off her even in a crowded room. He's the only suitor that I gave a lecture to, "My daughter is an angel, you know what that means, don't you?" Color of his skin? Last of my worries.

To answer the question, did my daughter's talk enlighten her co-worker? Maybe a teeny tiny bit. Was the lady turned around? Not at all. I guess the short answer, is just telling people the truth has a negligible effect on people secure in their prejudices.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Seems to me it could go either way.

Somtimes the rebellion comes first and then the enlightenment.

Perhaps rebellion is a stage of enlightenment.

meagan

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

"Tell me your truth, and I'll tell you mine"

The problem is, whether the information you are relaying is 'truth' or presumption. If it is black and white truth. For example, if you tell someone this truth in Facistam: 'the president for facistan has been dead for 5 years, and your supporting a hidden rageme', then you are enlightening them, but the regime will kill you for inciting rebellion.

In democratic states (supposedly), with free press, this would be enlightenment, and the government would be held accountable by he people.

So, asking: 'If you tell people the truth, is it enlightening them or inciting a rebelion', depends on who you are telling, and what regime they are part of.

With regards to the Jehovah's Witnesses, you most certainly are inciting a rebellion. For an example see the Jenson Letters. This is a very strong point to 'enlighten' Jehovah Witness apologists. Another point in case are the two Jehovah's Witnesses that routinely post here as defendants of their faith. One who mainly defends the 607/538 debate, and the other who discovers new meaning to bible texts. Both have commented on how the society have have not yet come to their thinking. The only place they can make these comments are outside the 'official' route. Otherwise they would be see as inciters. Commonly know as apostates.

steve

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Well the hacker is programming the boss's new program and not his own. That is some consolation, but the old program must be destroyed, and explained. A scary thing indeed. It is like saying the old is now "wrong". Consolation is there was a reason behind it. If you could only know what is going through the hackers mind......

Fear and hope?

Pure trust in the Boss, of being fair and forgiving. the rest is unknown.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit