This weeks letter

by feelinsketchy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• feelinsketchy
  • unique1
    unique1

Hey, don't see nothin.

• blondie
    blondie

Put in notepad or wordpad before posting.

• feelinsketchy
    feelinsketchy

Sorry, I can't get used to not hitting enter.

I was thinking about this subject because of the letter that will be read at the meetings this week.

Someone posted not long ago a copy of the UK blood card. It's easily found under "blood/medicine topics"

I found it interesting to note that under autologous transfusions there is a box that can be checked indicating that one would accept this therapy. To me, this is new. If the society is now allowing such procedures by putting them under the heading "conscience matters" what effect will this have on the r&f? I know of some old timers including my self that are pretty blown away.

Also the card indicates that one would be willing to release their medical records to the HLC. Would you be willing to do this? Why brother, how is it that you have cirrhosis of the liver and genital warts? Why is that contained therein? I'm thinking not to benefit the pubs. There must be some legal protection afforded to the Society.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    Also the card indicates that one would be willing to release their medical records to the HLC. Would you be willing to do this?

One thought that comes to mind is that after your stay in the hospital, they can access your records to see if you did indeed accept a transfusion. Or if you took fractions, they could look to make sure you only took the RIGHT fractions. Typical cloak-and-dagger stuff from the WTS trying to keep tabs on the 'happy people of Jehovah'.

• garybuss
    garybuss

If anybody thinks the Hospital Liaison Committee's main concern is the best interests of the Witness people, I have some ocean side property in Arizona for sale they might want to buy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit