Your Coping Stategies

by KW13 2 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

When you left the JW's you most likely faced problems and had some coping strategies or did certain things to help you keep going.

What were your coping strategies?

For me i think i surrounded myself with my real family and i got some friends that i knew would stand if i fell, and if they fell i made sure they knew i would stand, loyalty got me through.

Also i began attending church after a year, obviously i was cautious of what i was stepping into but it worked out very well

• Satanus
    Satanus

You planned that really well. For me, i slid straight into pentacostal churches while quitting the wt. That worked ok for me. After a couple of yrs of that, when i found out the bible wasn't god's word, it was a real crisis for me. A few nieghbors and friends, and this board helped in coping w my loss of belief.

S

• slugga
    slugga

I fell into the party drugs and hump anything that moves mould. Over about 6 months I wasted so much money and ultimately found my life was so superficial.

Brother Matt eventually kicked back in and from then on it was a case of very careful juggling my worldly persona with his. You have to find your own way to wean yourself off the org.

The Drugs though were not a very good Idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit