Point of Clarity.

by Deacon 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Deacon
    Deacon

The Anointed.

According to common belief among JW's, the Anointed class are the only recipients of the Christian Greek Scriptures, that is to say, it is aimed directly for the ones with the hope of heavenly association with Jesus Christ.

Now, we have been taught that the anointed class are here to teach, and help the secondary class, ie the earthly hopers, to learn about Jehovah and his promises, and by association with them....gain salvation through the ransom sacrifice.

So, according to published figures, there are between 8 and 9 thousand partakers of the emblems left on Earth. Correspondingly, according to written word from the GB, the sealing of the anointing concluded in 1935.

The latest additions to the Governing Body, are in their 50s.

The Governing body membership fluctuates from 4 to 18 depending on where in the 20th century, 21st century it was at the time.

The Society is not really aware of the names addresses or reliability of those claiming to be anointed, or indeed take messages or advice from them.

Let me get this right. The christian Greek scriptures give the commission to all those sealed in knowledge with Christ to preach and teach and do the work. The WTBTS say the sealing was completed in 1935 yet appoint men of youthful years, accepting their claim of anointing against their own stated understanding. The Governing Body do not acknowledge or take correspondence or advice from co sharers in the heavenly hope, but direct them too. and goodness gracious gravy!! There are women who claim to be of the anointed as well!

I guess the point is, there is a fundamental closed mentality and basic dishonesty in what is written, and what really happens.

This I understand. Its the only thing that makes sense.

• Deacon
    Deacon

I asked two elderly anointed in a retirement home when the last time the GB talked to them or asked their advice...they replied "never..we just went on our way preaching the best we could..they probably dont even know we exist, but they keep feeding us spiritually"

confusing isnt it?

• TMS
    TMS

Ray Franz discussed this thoroughly in one of his books, so I won't try to summarize his presentation here. Suffice to say "all of the anointed on the earth at any point and time" do not really contribute to the spiritual feeding of their "brothers" or the rest of Christ's Kingdom "interests". They get the new material through the mail or at the summer assemblies just like the rest.

TMS

• Deacon
    Deacon

That is against scripture TMS....
    hmm..
    getting clearer all the time...

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

This has long been a point that has pissed me off; the dishonesty in this particular doctrine compared to the reality that exists.

The GB should figure more prominently in their interpretations of scripture instead of their general comments regarding the annointed.

Claiming to be of the annointed should entitle these ones to special privelege based on their own interpretations, after all, the judgement is supposedly based on how we treat Christ's brothers.

In reality, claiming to be of the annointed is like advertising that you are mentally ill or a complete wacko.

I'm surprised that they have been able to perpetuate this crazy doctrine that no one seems to really be able to explain or understand, and yet is really at the heart of their whole belief structure.

Path

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Not only do they go against scripture on this, they also go against their own teachings.
    In the Insite On The Scriptures book under the subheading,Faithful and discrete slave, in the second paragraph on page 806 they say this:
    ....the apostle Peter showes that such stewardship of the divine truths was actually committed to (all) the 'chosen ones', (all) the spirit anointed ones, of the Christian congregation.(1Pe1:1,2; 4:10,11)Thus the (entire)anointed Christian congregation was to serve in a (uninted stewardship),dispensing such truths.........

*note, parenthesies are mine for emphisis.

So if the entire congregation of annointed have this commission then why dont't they all have an equal share?How can a person who truly believes they are anointed sit back and let a few annointed in Bethel do their job, even lettting themselves be replaced by members of the Great crowd?

Somethings very wrong with this!
    Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit