Jesus and the Father

by Thomson 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Thomson
    Thomson

God spoke to Moses on the mountain, yet Jesus said John 5:37 Also the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. You have neither heard his voice at any time nor seen his figure.(NWT) .the only-begotten god who is in the bosom position with the Father is the one that has explained him." (NWT) Because the verse makes a distinction between the God who has been unseen and Jesus who declares Him, then the Father is the one spoken of as being unseen. Jesus is the manifestation of God, but He is not the Father. John 14:8, 9. This verse says, "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father...." There are just two things to point out here. Jesus is not saying he is the Father, but rather to see him is the same as if you had seen the Father. It shows Jesus' equality of nature with the Father, something no created being could say. This all points to one thing no one has ever heard the voice of the Father, so when God spoke to Moses it was not the Father but the Son(Jesus)

• Shazard
    Shazard

Well you are right. This is basic stuff what led church fathers to understand trinity! Also John 1:18 just da same statement.

• gumby
    gumby
    basic stuff what led church fathers to understand trinity

How long was it again till the church fathers showed up after jesus died? Wasn't it like a hundred years on up? Hows come it took that long to figure out WHO jesus was...god himself or a seprerate son? You'd think his close diciples woulda passed that on and wrote it down somewhere so the church fathers didn't need a council to decide, impose, pronounce, legalise, call law, require to teach....the trinity doctrine wouldn't ya?

Gumby

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

"This all points to one thing no one has ever heard the voice of the Father, so when God spoke to Moses it was not the Father but the Son(Jesus)"

Nonsense. It was the Father's voice that spoke from heaven when the greater Moses, Jesus, got baptised. Same voice that spoke to Moses himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit