John 20:30

by desbah 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• desbah
    desbah

30: And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

Anyone post a thread on this topic yet???

~desbah~

• Rook
    Rook

Here is the Author's unequivocal statement that his purpose was to demonstrate and illustrate the Godhood of Jesus.

• Shazard
    Shazard

John 15:15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for <b>everything</b> that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

John 17:6 "<b>I have revealed you</b> to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

Act 2:28 You <b>have made known</b> to me <b>the paths of life</b>; you will fill me with joy in your presence. (Psalm 16:8-11)

So conlusion... Everything you NEED to know Jesus revealed! Anything else would be repetition of what's allrady sayed or done I guess!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Wasn't it John that said if everything Jesus did was written down, the world itself couldn't contain it all?

'course that's true of anybody. "He brushed his teeth, spit. Rinsed the sink. Washed his hands. Used the toilet. Realized this was all backwards and washed his hands again. He looked at himself in the mirror. Was that a gray hair? A shock of them, in fact? Where'd all that gray come from anyway? He sighed."

In short -- you don't want to know. ;-)

Dave

• greendawn
    greendawn

But it would still be very interesting to know other things that Jesus said and did, we can never be sure that what came down to us is all that we need to know. After all so many things were left unclear and so many issues are argued about to this day eg trinity or no trinity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit