Who is more important: Jehovah or Satan?

by philo 1 Replies latest jw friends

• philo
    philo

This is a purely hypothetical question, but I feel it is illuminating to address it. If you find me arcane, I don't blame you, so skip the italics, and go to the quick question in bold, further down. I only wrote this piece as a 'cold shower' after coming waaay too close to Think41self in the chatroom!

Thinking about the control recipe that the WTBTS has constructed: what if they wrote Jehovah out completely? What person or thing would fill the gap?

What word would JWs use to punctuate their prayers, and fill the gaps with?
    What would replace the very important expressions:-
    "leave it to Jehovah", for stopping thought, and
    "Jehovah's people", for group identity

Also, what if they wrote Satan out of the recipe?

What entity would become the new embodiment of opposition to JWs?
    What expression would replace "Satan's world"
    What person or concept would be used to glue the Old and New Testaments together?
    Where would JWs go to find new support for Original Sin
    Could they maintain the idea of a "Theocratic Warfare against Satanic forces"?

Quicky: Which deletion would be the more far-reaching and difficult: Jehovah or Satan. And what does this say about Jehovah's Witnesses as a religion?

philo

• think41self
    think41self

Philo!

I don't know what you're talking about!! I am very quiet and demure in the chat room. Why, I hardly say two words. (hehehe) 'Course, those two words are , so I can understand the confusion.

Now, to take a stab at your questions:
    The first one, they could insert "God's spirit directed organization"
    in place of Jehovah...as a matter of fact, they already do!

As for replacing Satan...I like to think they could insert the word "apostates" there and it would still cover just about every situation they could think of! To replace Satan's world...they could just say "the worldwide organization of apostates!! (woohoo)

think41self

"It is much more sensible to be an optimist instead of a pessimist, for if one is doomed to disappointment, why experience it in advance?"
    Amelia Peabody Emerson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit