Another JW article about child abuse

by Finally-Free 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found this on the Watchtower web site. As usual, it falls far short of meeting the needs of child abuse victims. While it mentions the possibility that an abuse perpetrator may end up in prison, I saw no statement advising that child protection authorities or police should be notified. This is without question the most worthless and impotent article I've ever seen on the subject of child abuse.

I just have to share it here so I won't be the only person who's steamed up today.

W

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Yeah I saw this too; it was published in 1985 apparently.

DB74

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Yeah I saw this too; it was published in 1985 apparently.

Ah, I didn't notice that. I was too busy getting all steamed up. I don't remember seeing the article then, but I wasn't the type of JW who read all the articles, even back then.

Funny how they'll take a 20 year old article and put it on their site to give the illusion that they're concerned about the problem.

W

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Funny how they'll take a 20 year old article and put it on their site to give the illusion that they're concerned about the problem.

Yeah absolutely

You would think after 20 years they wouldve had some 'new light' on this wouldnt you?

DB74

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

they put it on the parents to protect the child no matter what the cost... unless it means reporting a dub as the molester. Then it's better to "wait on the big J"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit